KH-2 VS Mr Scary

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Latch

Reaction score
Hello,

Who has experience with both? Those are mid to high gain plexi based module so I would be interested to know how they differ. I have the Mr Scary by never tried the KH-2

i would say the kh-2 slays it based on the clips at least. i had the scary and i did not like the mids on it. it got farty quick and i really couldn't use it at all. i don't have the kh-2 but from the sound clips i 've heard it seems to be a good one.

Mr Scary did not remind me of a Plexi much...I could push a Plexi into Mr Scary gain territory using a pedal and they still sounded different.

I guess the thing with Lynch modules is they are tuned to his guitar/pickup...and the Screaming Deamon is a lot lower output than a lot of pickups....seemed like fun to really crank on the controls on the Mr Scary....but careful on the Bass

Still waiting on picking up a KH-2..I think it may be the ultimate high gain Plexi :D

I own both and actually just put a big review on my (13) modules in the Rig section of the forum. I'm with Rich...the KH2 kicks ***. It's EQ controls are very flexible and can give you a range of tones. I find it to be a bit Marshall like and with gain paired back...very much like my Brown Module in terms of attack.