KH1 Metallica clean clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ82

Reaction score
Here are 2 clips of the KH1 and Blackface modules :) KH1 is first in the clips, then the Blackface.

fade

sanitarium

Is this similar to what you guys are getting? I'm not having any trouble with too much gain and these are active pickups.

Are we talking about humbuckers or single coils pickups?

With a pair of EMGs 81-85, no way to avoid clipping unless the gain is at 2-3 and the guitar volume is greatly reduced.

Yeah humbuckers. I'm using 2 guitars with actives right now. in the neck of one I have an emg 60A and in the neck of the other I have a duncan livewire mustaine. The mustaine is the one I used in the clip.

Yeah I dunno either. Maybe it's an earlier batch? Maybe the ones that shipped with the heads and not individually are a bit different? Mine CAN breakup if you dial up the gain and dig into the strings, but it's clean clean for sure.

I think you might be wise to post pics of each others modules....the very early Lynch Box modules were not the same as the final spec. and I'm wondering if you've got component value differences?

I'm assuming a defective tube has already been ruled out.

Hey MJ82,

Thanks a ton man!!! That was really cool to do that. Definitely helps me out big time.

I do get a good clean sound out of my "Clean" mod similar to what I just heard. My problem is that when I need to be really loud - live - it just does not seem to have the headroom and then starts to distort as I turn the gain up. I use a RM50 head with the master around 3:00 (so I can use the volume boost function). On the module itself I have the level maxed out and use my gain around 8:00. Problem is that eventually as I turn my gain up to get louder it eventually starts breaking up. I just need a little more headroom and was wondering between the KH1 and the Blackface, which one has the most headroom?

Thanks again for the clips,
Dave

I have swapped the tubes for some electro harmonix ones and there was no difference. :shock:

Those clips were done at fairly loud volumes but I'll do another one at louder levels later. I would say the KH1 has more headroom cuz my blackface can easily go into dirty blues rock stuff.