Mr. Scary vs. Grail

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I'm so interested in these modules, but I really have no way of testing any of them out.
What's the difference between these modules ?
If the Mr. Scary can nail the 'mr.scary' tone, then what's the Grail capable of ?!!

Any and all clips would be appreciated !!

There's no comparison between the two at all.

Mr Scary is a high gain plexi sound (so not modern high gain, more like the equivalent of a boosted plexi which is typical of the 80's metal sound)

Grail is a mesa rectifier emulation. It doesn't go as high in gain as a genuine plexi. I use it with a clean boost and it give a very good "black album" sound.

buriedorburned said:
I'm so interested in these modules, but I really have no way of testing any of them out.
What's the difference between these modules ?
If the Mr. Scary can nail the 'mr.scary' tone, then what's the Grail capable of ?!!

Any and all clips would be appreciated !!

In a nutshell:
MrScary--80's Lynch tones
Grail--90's Lynch tones

Both modules--Late 90's thru present day.

cheers guys, to be honest I figured it out a short while after putting the post up, no more posts on these two from me, just can't wait to get my hands on them !!

Where do you find a gail? I can't find them anywhere. I have teh treadplate but I don't like it. It's like all bass.

I heard I could make it into a grail. How? Anybody?

Kevin

unconventional said:
Where do you find a gail? I can't find them anywhere. I have teh treadplate but I don't like it. It's like all bass.

I heard I could make it into a grail. How? Anybody?

Kevin

You could use the Search Function of course ;)

I posted about the c3 cpacitor change only yesterday and it's been posted 1 million times already!

This is actually *stickied* at the top of the Modules forum, not sure how you missed it:

http://www.grailtone.com/guitar-tone-articles/randall-modules-modifications.html

I believe someone highlighted that there were either 2 or 3 component value differences between a Recto/Treadplate and a Grail.

It took 5mins to find this with a blind search:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=2792&highlight=grail+mod

Grail modules are available almost all the time on eBay...funkymunkymusic is my favourite vendor but there are 4 Randall MTS dealers that I know of that advertise on eBay...pick the one that has what you want and/or is closest :D

Latest posts