whats in front of your t2?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rottingcorpse

Reaction score
just picked up a t2 for my son(i use the v2's).
i have a good tight tone(speed metal/old school thrash)with the v2. my son wanted an amp like his dad,so i scored a t2.
besides a gate,what are you guys using in front to tighten up your t2?
what are your settings?
just wondering....
thanks,the corpse

A TS9 was tits in front of my V2 with all the controls set at noon. I use a Hush Super C in the effects loop to kill all hiss and feedback.

I have a V2 with in front of it a Maxon OD-808 + a noise compressor + dunlop Crybaby

on my T2, im wanting to use my BBE Sonic stomp, The T2 amp doesnt need much but i thought it helped little.(want it on all the time) Im thinking i need it in front, and my effect pedals in the loop, so i can program to have them on just my clean channel mainly.

we'll see how it works, ...

To add to the T2 tone, i run a Maxon OD808 before the preamp and then a BBESonic Stomp in the loop on series.

On the Maxon, I have the overdrive set to 0 (all the way left) and the balance on full (all the way right) just to tighten the tone. you dont need the Maxon to add more dirt, get you gain frm the amp and tighten it with the Maxon. Tone is normally set at Noon, but it varies depending on where im playing.

The BBE is pretty much set to noon also and tweaked depending on where its being played.

In my VERY humble opinion, these pedals with this amp are match made in heaven, and alot of dudes use this config, but whats good for one isn't always good for another as we all know. Try them for yourself, but i reckon you will be happy with the tone you get.

OH, and you are DEFINITELY gonna need a good noise gate. I use an MXR smart gate and its badass.

Hope this helps :)

I have an obsession with tightness and for me, the T2 is one of those amps that should be run raw, it sounds so ballsy on its own, the only kit id recommend is a boss NS2 set up as RD Rich has suggested (see previous post), and a good cab and speakers setup really makes a difference.

In my opinion, I don't think you could find a tighter amp, seriously, but again, get a good set of speakers to accentuate the tightness - I'm using a smaller sized 4x12 cab with some old Fanes which creates a monsterously tight sound with a really strong punch.

The guitar you use also has a strong effect on the tightness too, I use a Dime333 + FM333 (I like the shape + the feel of Washburns, I don't pretend to be Dime), the Dime is Alder and the FM is all Mahogany and the FM is a much tighter guitar, the Dime has a sloppy low end. Then finally, technique is they key to tightness.

Apart from that I got an Ibanez Weeping Demon in the front and an EH Hot Tubes Post-Pre for a dirty gain boost when needed!