Grail at lower gain settings...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tung. I really like the Screamin Demon in that it's not a high out put PU more like a PAF with EQ tweeks. The bottom is tighter that a stock PAF and the top end ( very top end ) has a unique voice. It works well for a classic smooth rock tone with a modern flair.

The Fat Cat is something very cool if you like that narly Soap Bar PU tone. I currently don't own one but I'm allways on the look out for one at a great deal. Tye Super V is more of a classic tone aswell.

From the feedback I read the Screamin Demon gets slagged for not being the high output/gain PU some ppl expect it to be... but Lynch was never about that and allways about a more modern approach to a vintage tone vibe.

I also really like the Duncan 59 and not only for the neck. I have a Nickle 59 in the bridge position of my SG... I love it.

I'll be sure to let you know how the BBE stuff shakes out.

Take care bro and good hearing from you!

Craig

Yeah, you guys will love the 482I. It just BRINGS the tone out! Never had a GMP. I hear nothing but good things on them. I play a Killer guitar(Akira Takasaki/Loudness) Prime loaded with EMG's and it plays and sounds awesome. I bought the Egnater EG5 from a friend on this site and got it yesterday. Man......that thing smokes!! Just put in a order for the KH3 and should get it in the next day or so. Played one today at the local music store. It sounded pretty good but I have to play it thru MY RIG to get the full effect. I never got into the Screamin Demon pickups. They always sounded a little brite for me. Love that Heavy attack of the EMG's. How is the Geen Screamer? I read good things on that as well. MUSIC GEAR.........TOO MUCH GEAR, NOT ENOUGH TIME!! Keep Rocking! 8)

Killer guitars are very cool. That is a ESP japan company.
Any pic of that one available... don't see them very often on this continant.

Craig

The only guys I ever seen playing Killer guitars are Akira Takasaki and Tommy McClendon from UFO.
I'm on that EMG kick right now, 60 Neck and 81 Bridge, very brutal but versatile combination, I even did a jazz gig with it in the weekend, no problem with the DLX module in my RM50.
I was very close to buying the LTD Super V, but decided to wait and went with the LTD EC1000. This guitar just slays through my RM100 rig. "Heavy Attack" like Mailman said. But with definition and clarity.
One of my students is building a custom guitar loaded with Bare Knuckle pups, can't wait to hear those.
Yeah, man...Too much cool gear :evil:

I can get a pic of my guitar soon. It is a metal axe for sure. All wood grain, neck thru and it rips. I am off work tommorrow and will shoot one. I have about 6 extra KT88's I will be selling so if you anyones interested drop me aline. The QUAD was just TOO much in the amp. I mixed them back with 2 EL34 and 2 KT88 and it sounds PERFECT! Ballsy and Aggressive but not as "glassy" as with all the EL34's. Deifinitely going to be my tone from now on. Keep on rocking brothers........
Dan

Got it! I have some pics of my guitar but not sure how to upload on this site. Shoot me your email and I can send them to you. Give you a deal on the tubes as well.

Rock on,

Dan

just press the email button at the bottom of any of my posts bro... I have my email publically available... looking forward to the reply :D

Craig,
Let me know what you think about the tube deal. I am just never going to use them anytime soon. Sorta weird combo what I have, the 3 Groove and 2 Chinese. Got them Off Ebay but ended up buying 4 Brand new Sovteks and am currently only using 2 of them! I only have the one amp now and that will be it for a while. At one time I had 6 different Heads laying around, then I discovered the RM series! Man.....Randall scored big with these amps. I still want to do the Egnater Amp Seminar and build my own. His shop is about hour and half from my house. Well keep on shredding!!

Hey Craig,

Just got in the Mr.Scary and the ERECT modules this week. Love the SCARY!!!!! The Erect is cool too. Sold the Grail. The Erect does the grail but with a little more UMMPH!!! Worth checking out! Sold all the Kt 88's I had. Played tonite and man......just LOVING that Lynch box! Rocking hard but going to bed for now(Little drunk) :D
Have a good one!!

Dan

Just got done playing with my Drummer and bass player. took a vote. Replaced all tubes in the Lynch box with original EL34s. The Kt88 were just too rumbly and added too much bass. That amp is rocking now with the Egnater modules!! have a quad set of KT88 will be putting up for sale soon. Sovteks with about 3 hours of playing time on them.
Drop me a line if anyone interested.

Dan

Dan I've decided to stay with the JJ EL34/EL34L combo bro. It works so well for me. I may try a 6L6/EL34 mix and see what happens.

Thanks and All the Best

Craig

Yeah that combo is sweet. The KT88 were messing up the tone when I went real loud and nobody in the band liked it. Sounded really nice when played at a lower level by myself but when we started jamming, it was WAY rumbly. Took me about 3 jam sessions to notice it. I am much happier with the way it was. And it still sounds AGGRESSIVE!! Just picked up a SL2 Egnater! Should be here in the next few days! Cant wait to rip that one up. :p

I'm getting the grail so I hope i can nail that 80's thrash metal sound ...

Also a KH-3 on it's way for the more high gain stuff ...

Raf

Raf_666 said:

Raf

You might find, with a twist of the EQ and a little lower gain, that the KH-3 will cop a nice 80's thrash sound....especially if you use a SD-1 to add edge to it :D

JKD said:
Raf_666 said:

Raf

You might find, with a twist of the EQ and a little lower gain, that the KH-3 will cop a nice 80's thrash sound....especially if you use a SD-1 to add edge to it :D
The thing is I want 4 different presets so I need one module for each sound , so I can't use 1 module with different sounds, the KH-3 should deal with the heavier stuff so I can look for the best thrash modules ;-)

Raf

i got some cool low gain tones out of the grail..one thing that suprised me was how much the bright switch affected the tone of the grail when switch on and off... it seemed to be more effective that the other mods i have ...which makes me think this GRAIL mod has way more versitiliity than most that i have tried :evil:

you nailed it bro... the grail has versitility... it's a killer high gain module no doubt about it but it's really worth taking the time to closely listen to the preamp gain dial's sweep. There is a lot going on there.

The brite switch does have a very good effect on the overal tone. The Super V is the only other Lynch Mod where I find the brite switch as useful.
I like it as an overal option on all the lynch mods and I am happy it was designed with the brite feature... hope that stays that way.

cheers
craig