Ultra XL

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine will be hear tomorrow or monday, cant wait and ill have some clips up when i get it.

didnt come today, I sure hope it comes monday, i cant wait. I have been looking for the right module and from the sounds of it this may be the one.

evh,

Have you tried the 1086 yet? That is Randall's most versatile amp to date in my opinion - a nice wide range of tones you can achieve with it.

Still, hopefully the XL will be as good as people are "hoping" for. Can't wait to hear some clips :)

I havent tried the 1086 yet alltho ive herd alot of cool sound clips. Im going to order either that one of the brown module next depending on what the ultra xl dose for me.

I played my friends 1086 the other day and I like the tones better with the mid switch flipped over to the right. It was a great sounding module but I'll tell you, my SL+ was keeping right up with it. We kept on going back and forth between the two modules. I loaded the SL+ with some Shuguang silver dragon preamp tubes and it screams. I keep wondering why I don't hear more people using the SL+, it has tons of gain and alot more volume then most of the other modules. I'm using it for all my high gain tones right now. I get some nice new metal tones with it if I just back off the mid knob and use a downtuned guitar and if you increase the mids you get a nice Marshally sound to it. We had to push the 1086 master up past 12:00 to get the same volume I was getting out of my SL+ at 11:00. I think it's a great module but I was expecting more out of it from what everyone has been saying. I want to hear the Ultra XL and the Super V.

Hi There,

I just knocked out a quick clip of the Ultra XL, i don't have a website to post it on, any ideas?

Rick

How big is it? I might be able to put it up temporarily if it isn't too big.

It's only 1.5mb, it's just under a minute long, i bashed it out quickly before prepping my RM100 for sale so i didn't have much time. It's a full band context with drum loop & bass so you can see how it sits in a mix, excuse the sloppiness i was in a real rush. The Rm100 has gone to a new home now and i miss it already, now the wait for the Lynch Box to arrive.

Sending you a PM with my email address. . I'll put it up for a few days at least.

HereRick's clip of the Ultra XL!

http://home.comcast.net/~g.mctaggart/UltraXLkelly212sm57.mp3

well I thought it sounded pretty cool, very thick sounding. Im looking foward to getting mine.

nice clip,Rick! did you record using el34's or 6l6's? also,do you know which capacitor Randall decided to use on this module in the "C3" spot? was it the usual .047u or did they make it tighter than that?

Yes the leads were recorded with the UltraXL also, same settings as used for rhythm...i only had the gain set at 1 o'clock so you can imagine how much gain this module has available. No FX were used at all. The RM100 had EL34's in the middle and 6L6 on the outside.

Thanks for doing the clip rick - I just got one that got listed tonight on ebay, dead mint for $140 :)

Just got my UltraXL in today - man this module is very aggressive and in your face. ALOT of gain from this one. I ran it tonight next to my Mr. Scary and my SL+ and they can't come close to the gain from the XL - very good voicing from this one. It has some tones "similar" with the 1086, yet a little different - their own tone you know? But close..just not as much options like the 1086.

I just got my order on the Grail in at Brookdale Music - just gotta get the funds to him to ship it now.