What is the best effects pedal that works w/ Rm-100, Gt-8?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodvocivus

Reaction score
I want to use different effects for each channel (reverb for clean, different eq's on all) what equupment do you guys recomend that isn't going to cost me more than 500$ and if it is more than that why is it worth it.

You need to be a little more specific:

What effects do you need? Yes, list ALL of them.

Are you willing to consider rack effects units or only combination floorboard/effects?

If all you really need is time based effects (chorus, phaser, flanger, tremelo, delay, reverb), EQ, and noise suppression...then I'd recommend you put a Rocktron Xpression ($300 rack unit) in your effects loop and use an RFX (aka Rolls) MIDIBuddy floorboard ($100) to control it.

If you want your effects unit to also provide wah wah, overdrive, compression, etc, that's another story.

I just want the ability to use chorus,reverb,eq,delay,and a solo boost with a very simple way to switch them on and off during a show. It would be nice if all I had to do was switch the channels and have different effects programed to different channels. For instance, when I switch to the clean I always want the reverb to be on that channel. On the other hand I want to be able to switch on a solo boost whenever I want.

I have the GT-8; its really nice but its not ideal for the RM100 as there is tone suck when you either place it in from of the RM100 or in the effects loop. For this reason, I'm getting a two channel power amp with the GT-8 in one channel and an RM4 in the other - then using an A/B switch to toggle between the two.

I had a boss gt-8 when i had my 5150II and it was nice in the sense that it has every effect possible, and a very nice pedalboard layout, but it really discolored the tone of my 5150, i tried a few diffrent ways of hooking it up including the 4 cable method and i was never really pleased. I now use a tc electronic g major that i love, and a coupple stomp boxes, but im looking to upgrade to the g system. You can find g majors on ebay for about 300-350 and its a great buy, tons of effects, nice screen, built in tuner, midi capabilities, and tons more.

http://www.mohomods.com has true bypass FX loop swichers. I've got the 2 channel looper which allows me to use both channels of my BBE sonic maximizer and I think you can get them with up to 4 channels. I paid about $60 for the 2 channel unit

dodvocivus said:
I just want the ability to use chorus,reverb,eq,delay,and a solo boost with a very simple way to switch them on and off during a show. It would be nice if all I had to do was switch the channels and have different effects programed to different channels. For instance, when I switch to the clean I always want the reverb to be on that channel. On the other hand I want to be able to switch on a solo boost whenever I want.

You can definately achieve what you're trying to get with either an Xpression($300) or GMajor($400) in the effects loop. You can use the eq's to program solo boosts.

To switch the effects and your amp channels at the same time, you can use a RFX MidiBuddy ($100) or Behringer FCB1010 ($160) MIDI floorboard.

I use an Xpression and FCB1010 myself.

You don't need the G-Major for what you want to do - the G-Sharp does all of that, cheaper, with better quality time based effects.

The G Sharp is cheaper and may well sound better than the G Major, but I believe all it has is reverb, delay and modulation effects....and he will be hard pressed to coax a solo boost out of those.

I've got a Rocktron Multivalve in my new RM4 rig and the only thing I don't like is that it's a PITA to program. Would much rather have something with knobs versus menus.

That said I've gone to a single OD808 on the pedal board to use as a lead boost. Gain about 7oclock, tone about 9 oclock and the level cranked.

Latest posts