Mr. Scary

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrScary

Reaction score
I just got my Mr Scary from Rich @ Brookdale.
THANK RICH!!!!

its not as tight as i was hoping it was going to be. what mods, if any are people doing to the Mr Scary's?

Nice to hear you got it!

I didn't get my full payment in time yesterday before they stopped shipment for the day so I have to wait till Monday till mine ships :(

Luckily for you you live by there - I'm in CO where there is like 1 Randall Dealer and they are almost 3 hours away from me.

Not sure on the mods - nothing has been officially released to tweak those. If you and Jim are feeling up to it you two are the first two on here with them - you guys might try mixing capacitors and see what you get with it and let us know.

well,i got a chance to play the Mr. Scary module and it sounded pretty tight to me.the "C3" capacitor on this module is a .001u as per jimosity's clear photo that he had posted after i inquired about that once he received his module.i dont think there's much more that can be done to make it any tighter.plus i heard that lynch delayed the release of it to have Randall tighten it up some more.i'd imagine they've left it where he's happy with it...so that would truly make it a lynch-toned module,i guess.

goldwing68nv said:
well,i got a chance to play the Mr. Scary module and it sounded pretty tight to me.the "C3" capacitor on this module is a .001u as per jimosity's clear photo that he had posted after i inquired about that once he received his module.i dont think there's much more that can be done to make it any tighter.plus i heard that lynch delayed the release of it to have Randall tighten it up some more.i'd imagine they've left it where he's happy with it...so that would truly make it a lynch-toned module,i guess.

Any word yet on how the Mr. Scary module compares to a modded SL+?

well, it seems like i had to crank my bass control up almost all the way on my module.
besides that, my module's controls were scratchy for about the first hour.. dunno whats up with that.

The Mr. Scary was intended to be a soloing/lead module so not sure what all everyone is using if for. The Brahma is supposed to be the killer Lynch module coming out for rhythm that is based on the Marshall superlead. It was the last one approved by Mr. Lynch and is currently in production.