Got my lynch cab today....not happy.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickgk

Reaction score
Hi All,

My lynch cab arrived today, it looks sexy, the first thing i did was open her up to see what these new eminence lynch superV speakers looked like.....well i was dissapointed to find that it is loaded with celestion greenbacks... while I love the sound of greenbacks i am quite concerned that randalls quality control allowed the cab to slip through with greenbacks instead of the advertised superv's... this is on top of receiving my RM20combo last week and having both valves and fuses blow after 20 mins playing time, i got new valves and fuses the next day and checked the bias which was at 30, the RM20 maximum bias being 20, after re-biasing everything is fine and dandy and i have played four gigs with her, but i really have no faith in randall's quality control now.

Wow that is pretty bad by placing unadvertised speakers in a new cabinet, especially one that just got released - I'd email them and let them know on this matter - if they send you V's let me know on the greenbacks if you're interested in selling them.

Fellow Dojo member

Reminds me of that time I got my randall cab and it was wired out of phase so it sounded like poop. Randall needs to get a new quality dept. Still hard not to love the stuff though

Not only that, it also does not have the locking input jack it is supposed to have...nor does it have the mic eliminator circuit.... i can get a marshall cab with greenbacks for under $1100 aud, the lynch cab is costing me $1895 which i think is worth it if a) it has the new speakers, b) locking input jack & c) mic eliminator.... I am just gobsmacked about randall's quality control....

wow that really sucks man abouth the speakers!!!

but that cab do not comes with the mic eliminator :wink:

Hmm it says on the randall website that the lynch cab is a member of the MTS series cabs....and it states that ALL mts series cabs have the mic eliminator... here is the link http://www.randallamplifiers.com/products/cabinets/custom/index.asp

And it definitely states on the lynch box page that the lynch cab has a locking input jack, but there is none to be found on mine... here is the link stating that http://www.randallamplifiers.com/products/cabinets/custom/lynchcab.asp

Hopefully someone from randall frequents this board and can help me out here, i have heard nothing back from randall all day.

That sucks Rick... I would contact Randall customer support ASAP man! I think you could get them on the speakers however, if you look at the SPECIFICATIONS page, it does not say it comes with the MIC eliminator like the other MTS cabs.... just giving you a headsup so you don't tell them on the one page it DEFINATELY should, because the exact spec page doesn't list that as a feature. It should, however, have locking jacks at least as they are mentioned on the spec sheet. Geez that sucks though.... maybe gear is becoming like cars.... never get the brand new stuff until after the first year they are out to make sure they work the kinks out of the system! :shock: :wink:

good luck e-mailing Randall & expecting an answer back...i've sent 3-4 e-mails to them in the last couple of months on various things,including last weekend,and have yet to ever receive an e-mail back,much less an answer to a question...not very satisfied with that aspect of randall amps!

I have had the same problem with no emails back from randall... i am not expecting a reply.

Hi guitarguy please refer to the links i posted, it's pretty clear on the first link where it says ALL mts cabs (which the lynch cab is) have the mic eliminator....but i see what you mean about the spec page, randall really needs to clarify this, coz it's a VERY gray area.

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know how I went with this.
I emailed doug reynolds directly and he replied promptly letting me know that 6 cabs were made for george before the eminence superv was realeased, two of these cabs were shipped to george and the other four were to remain at the factory, somehow one of these got sent with the bunch that came to australia and i got it.
I received my replacement cab yesterday (have two cabs now ... how tempting it is to keep them both) and it has the correct speakers.... what is interesting is that the first incorrect cab has the standard randall logo, but the new cab has the randall lynch box skull logo which is way cool....it's really hard to get an answer from randall as to what they are officially released as.... I just hope my head comes with the skull logo now.

hey Rick,

one question abouth the lynch cab,

the randall website says that the cab its a combination of void-free birch plywood and high density fiberboard, please can you tell me which part of the cab is high density fiberboard?, i guess its the back?

thanks