rm100 rigs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube Head

Reaction score
Ive had a boss gt-6 pluged into an rm100 for several months. Using the 4 cable method sounds good but still not as good as playing strait into the amp. The problem is i really like the contol over effects the gt has to offer.
Can anyone suggest an alternative setup. I like the idea of keeley pedals that dont alter the tone of your guitar and true bypass circuts. Also like the idea of having time base effects in the parralell loop.

Either the Rocktron Xpression or the TC Electronics G Major. They both work great with this amp. I had the GT-6 myself and sold it for the Xpression. Know exactly what your talking about. I had mine hooked up with the 4-cable method as well and it colors the tone.

Rocktron Xpression is really good through the series loop since it can (if set up properly) keep the dry signal in the analog domain.

I see that the lexicon mpx keep the signal path clean. I was wondering if something like the new tc electronics g sharp would sound good in the parrallel loop. this would keep the signal path free of any tone suck.

That depends on how much money you're willing to spend on your new set-up but, since we've discussed the TC path already, the TC G-system is a marvelous design in which I'm sure the timebased effects can be looped in parallell. From what I can gather you're also able to switch between modules in your RM via the MIDI out of the G-system so that, assuming you have each module has it's dedicated slot, you can use the 'right' module for each programme. I haven't taken the time to delve into the ins and outs of this machine yet as I'm awaiting my M-4 and modules, but the little I know and what I've learnt from articles and fellow users it's basically "ask and you shall recieve" all the way.

Well I'm asking for an intelligent pitch shifter in my G-system and it ain't happening. My G-force had it...this makes no sense.

how do you like your g system man, ive been thinking about getting one, but thats a turn off if it dosent have that effect because thats one I use alot.

I've been using my G-system with my RM100 rig for about six months now. Its a very powerful combination. :D