How close can the 1086 get to the Rectified tone?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distortoman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This question is for owners of both the Recto/Rectified and 1086 modules. According to Randall, the 1086 can go from Plexi to Rectified. Just how close can it get to Rectified? Is it just somewhat similar or dead-on similar? How do these modules sound in the context of a band mix?
I am just curious what you guys think based on your observations of playing these modules. Your feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Distortoman

I've owned both in the past and will tell you straight up the 1086 is a better module in almost every respect possible. It cuts better, the tone is better (and more varied), and it is clearer. I just bought another Randall RM head and aside from the modules my friend gave me to use with it the first one I'm buying again is the 1086... I will not however be buying a recto/rectified module, if that says anything. The 1086 can get the Disturbed tone (esp. on his newer stuff) to a "T", just check out Jimosity's video clip of the 1086 listed on another post on here below. I say pick up the 1086, it can nail recto-esque tones and more.

You can't get exactly the same sound out of it. It has an other vibe, more marshally but it can definately get meaner than the recto.

The recto doesnt have more middle range but does have a middle spike when pushed all the way up, the 1086 hasnt got that.

the 1086 module is definately better suited for that rectified tone.even though it's versatile,for marshall tones,the PLEXI & SL+ modules blow it out of the water...

Ok, how does the 1086 compare to the Egnator E-Rect module? I'm speaking only in terms of nailing the Rectifier tone. Being "better" doesn't mean it gets the tone.