Pic of Kirk's actual RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you need 18 microphones to get the vocals loud?

Just need a big PA, you can feed a little volume into the monster PA system for plenty o volume..

The Mic eliminator is the great little passive unit that comes on the higher end Randall Cabs AND you can buy it with out the cab for about 200 bucks (i have one w/o the cab in a box built for it) I have been using it to supplement my Senhiser 609 for guitars in the studio (i also like this natural delay you get when you record both direct and mic'd at the same time thank you Billy Gibbons for that idea)

Anyways alot of sound crews are going to this because quite frankly it sounds great AND its consistent from night to night. me and my other guitarist will be going this route VERY soon

stm113 said:
The Mic eliminator is the great little passive unit that comes on the higher end Randall Cabs AND you can buy it with out the cab for about 200 bucks (i have one w/o the cab in a box built for it) I have been using it to supplement my Senhiser 609 for guitars in the studio (i also like this natural delay you get when you record both direct and mic'd at the same time thank you Billy Gibbons for that idea)

Anyways alot of sound crews are going to this because quite frankly it sounds great AND its consistent from night to night. me and my other guitarist will be going this route VERY soon

So I can get a 2x12 with the mic elimenator and hook it up that way?

I'm surprised at how good the direct Randalls sound, but I'm not sure how much easier it is to set up....1 cord from the direct vs. 1 cord going to a shure 57.

a 57 needs to be placed correctly, and I agree that it will sound shrill or muffly, but when you find the sweet spot it is definitely better than direct

Or skip a mortgage payment and grab a Naked Eye Roswellite!

yes mic sounds are always better however, look at it like this from a performing musician stand point...most sound guys use 57's (i mean hey its the industry standard) which they haphazardly throw infront of a randomly chosen speaker, if you have ever mic'd w/a 57 you'll know you can get a great sound when you find the sweet spot, but if you miss that spot (and they often do) then is sounds horrible... the other is a senhiser 609 which i prefer but most sound guys sloppily drape it over the cab and there you go

the sound guy doesnt really care too much about getting you great guitar tone, he cares about getting you on and off stage as quickly as possible, plus if you are in a band like mine that actually PUTS ON A SHOW, then it can be open season on mic stands especially on smaller stages

so all things considered i say the mic eliminator is an excellent tool, you get the sound guy a great tone, he doesnt have to fool with the mic, you know the tone is good, and no worries about bleed through, or a mic getting moved...

the way we're going to be running it is... i bought on (like i said been using it in the studio) my other guitarist built a box for it, I'll be running in one side, he'll be running the other (since it is stereo) and viola' great tones no fuss, just a couple extra cables!