Speaker emulation

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El_Thwatez

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the T2 speaker emulation is a bit muddy? I typically use Waves amp2cab stereo if im recording quietly which sounds ok once quadruple tracked, but I don't think the randall cab emulation is anywhere near representative of what their amps actually sound like!

What does everyone else think?

Yeah agreed, If i wanna do silent recordings ill just go out of the send into my desk, you get more level control that way too

it loses the T2 sound really, loses clarity, and becomes muddy, very weak presence kinda like the V-amp mesa setting if you've used one

If you want to use good cab emulation, get the signal going out the FX send (you'll need to get the levels sorted, start with pre-amp level at 4 and get the send levels right - you can run the head in standby doing this and operate without a cab for silent recordings see this thread: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=3786), then run it through a AD-converter into your PC and use Waves Amp2Cab emulation with amp emulation off, will take a while to match the cab/mic setup, but once done its about 100000 times better)

yeah...i just got the chance to try it out on my V2 today, I'm rather unimpressed...but I do like the effects loop idea, I will have to try that out soon, thanks for the advice!