I have a KH2 and Egnater SL2, do I need Mr. Scary?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mctallica1

Reaction score
Just wondering if I am missing something in the hot rodded Marshallish tone spectrum that Mr. Scary would fill in.

BTW, The SL2 is a single channel version.

Thanks!
T

I'd have to say yes... the Mr. Scary is smoother than the KH-2 and SL2B. You gotta have the smoooooth tones too. I find my SL2 quite a bit more open sounding than Mr. Scary. Great module for smooth chunky rythyms (boosted) and leads.

Tony,

I had the SL2 B channel as well.....sounded really good but almost TOO MUCH distortion for the "hot rodded" marshall. **** near a metal module. I got the Mr.scary, put a Boss SD1 in front of it and MAN!!!!!! Its the "TONE" for the Hot Rod by far!!
Try it out......sounds SUPREME!!!
My 2 cents......... 8)

Dan

Glad I picked up a Mr Scary. Very nice hot rodded marshall tones. Smoother than the SL2B and not as dry (for lack of a better word) as the KH2. All 3 modules may be keepers. 8)

Not sure what I was thinking last time I had a modular set up...I didn't care for the Mr scary I had at all....maybe I had a dud :?:

The Mr Scary is a beautiful tone...works as well for Rhythm as it does for Lead.

I always imagined it sounded like an Egnater SL2.

I've been messing about with pre-amp tubes in mine forever though...never seem to settle.

I bought some supposedly 'Silver Dragon' ax7s but when they turned up they had regular grey plates...still, it's a nice sounding tube .. I generally tend to like newer chinese ax7s and pretty high gain..hard to beat for $5.95 ea :D

I'm a gonna try these in my Mr Scary

mctallica1 said:
Glad I picked up a Mr Scary. Very nice hot rodded marshall tones. Smoother than the SL2B and not as dry (for lack of a better word) as the KH2. All 3 modules may be keepers. 8)

Not sure what I was thinking last time I had a modular set up...I didn't care for the Mr scary I had at all....maybe I had a dud :?:

Dave F. at racksystems tells me that Randall isn't using some of the right components that he spec'd out when build the Mr. Scary and Brahma circuits. He will update these modules for no charge if you send them into him. Both my Mr. Scary and Brahma are getting his treatment as I "speak". I do miss my Mr. Scary.....

MichaelG said:
mctallica1 said:

Dave F. at racksystems tells me that Randall isn't using some of the right components that he spec'd out when build the Mr. Scary and Brahma circuits. He will update these modules for no charge if you send them into him. Both my Mr. Scary and Brahma are getting his treatment as I "speak". I do miss my Mr. Scary.....

Surely Mr Lynch had the final sign off? Of course I could assume that Randall may have cost reduced the design too... :cry:

I don't know if Randall did it on purpose or if it was just a mix-up. I'd hate to speculate and be wrong about it. Randall did a **** fine job on the KH-2 though!