V2 and V2 ninja sound range?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lttoelr

Reaction score
I play in a cover band that plays all types of music ranging from softer rock to metal. How versatile are these amps? I am used to using Mesa's and Budda's. Can the gain channels on these amps do alternative rock of the 90's well?

I'd try the T2 first, its got 2 levels of valve gain (V2's only have one valve, one solid state) and the green channel is quite growly and has an excellent mid response, ideal for rock

They're all pretty versatile amps though, the main thing is you can get the feel of your playing through them. My only issue would be the clean channel lacks character in my opinion. I heard the V2 Ninja has a slightly brighter voicing so that could be better that.

Yeah the T2 is probably alot better for what your looking for, the V2 is still alot of S.S. so the clean doesn't distort like a tube clean channel would for some classic rock stuff.

I played a friends Randall RH200 and I loved the tone from it. Which one of the 2 amps compares closest to that amp?

I had the Randall G2/RH100 and for an old technology Solid state, they do sound great! However, not sure it compares to either of them?

The T2's and V2's are quite unique in terms of tone, both ridiculously tight, but very sensitive response. You should probably try them as opposed to trying to compare them.

For a good sample (well what I think is a good sample!) of the T2 listen to this:

http://www.blackoutmetal.net/unaccountablesample.mp3
(right click link and click save as to download)

Guitars are the T2 with a mode4 although on the breaks its only the T2 with a 4x12 Carlsbro lead cab (about a million years old but sounds amaaaaazing)

Alright thanks! Is the V2 capable of producing more classic rock sounds on the tube channel though. I really like the seperate EQ controls it has for the clean.

I haven't used the V2 enough to judge the tone really, the valve channel will probably sound like the sample I gave you which is the T2 hi-gain channel. But probably best waiting for someone else to reply!

(get the T2!)

alright thanks for your input though. I have no where local to try out any of these amps. Does anyone else have comments on the V2?

The tube channel probably could do classic rock ok, but I never tried it, but you could always change the tubes to fit the need on that channel. But you could never achieve like an AC/DC rhythm tone on the clean channel. My guitar has a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge, and on a tube amp, it Overdrives the clean some, and on the V2 it just clips real bad, lol.