Quick slop clip with the Ultralead

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance-a-not

Reaction score
Rm50, SED 6l6s, Ultralead, and a lot of clams (first clip on the page):

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=503479

So far I really dig the Ultra lead, looking forward to the Scary and 1086 (played through both already though...NICE!!)

Cheers!!

Nice Lance! Glad to see you are digging the RM50 bro! :D Is that recorded with your band, or is that just backing just a drum machine? Sounds cool though man, I'd love to hear more clips of your stuff sir! 8)

Btw.... guitar, pickups, cab/speakers used? :) Sounds great man, I dig it!

Matt,

Thanks !
Yea, the RM50 is working out great, thanks again VERY much!

The Ultralead was a module I had never tried when I owned a RM80 combo about a year or so ago. It sits nice in the mix, plenty of gain and articulate... certainly a keeper.

The clip is a rough bit of a song that will be on a CD I am putting out soon. It will also have another guitarist who tears me apart playing lead with me on it. Hopefully I'll start tracking the rhythms in a couple weeks.

Everything on there is me, the drums are Drumkit from Hell, programmed in Logic.

The guitar is a Jackson Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string, EMG 707.

The cabs are 2 G-Flex 2x12's, one of the two with a couple ports closed off to enhance midrange.

Mikes are a MD421 on one cab, and an odd ball bass drum mike on the other that I prefer over my 57's and other mikes.

Thanks again :D

Hey that's a cool clip dude, the ultra lead is a really great underrated module in my opinion.... i really like your playing style, it's really unique and refreshing.

rickgk said:
Hey that's a cool clip dude, the ultra lead is a really great underrated module in my opinion.... i really like your playing style, it's really unique and refreshing.

Thanks for the kind words!

I think the Ultralead (and the Ultra I owned before) seem to need different settings, with the presence in particular, to sound thier best. The Ultralead to me has more of the note in front of the gain, where some of the gainier modules I have had (Modern,Scary,1086) while more aggressive have more of a distortion in front of the note... I hope that makes sense, I do like those modules too, They just don't fit my playing as well.

I have modded that module since that clip, changed the midrange and tightened it up a little more (it had a .022 cap in it for that clip).I just ordered a second Ultralead, each will be modded differently, so my RM can be set up like a 2 channel "Ultra-Lance" amp :D Should be fun.