M4 - the sounds of silence.

Discussion for both Egnater & Randall modular amps

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

joey_truelove
RM100
Location: Dales district, Sweden - heartland of Swedish folkmusic

Post by joey_truelove » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:41 am

Maybe I used wrong e-mail address but Bruce hasn't got back to me yet :cry:. He might be on holliday though. I'm curious if the voltage selection is done on the primary or secondary coil. Probably that would be the primary and I could measure the impedance of it. Since no other fuse has blown, that would indicate it's working all right or a wire has burnt off and there is no circuit.

Orren
RM20

Post by Orren » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:47 am

joey_truelove wrote:Maybe I used wrong e-mail address but Bruce hasn't got back to me yet :cry:.
Sorry I can't help you with your question, but on this, you're right--Bruce is on vacation, I believe. (My MOD50 is just about ready, so I've been talking to Frank, his partner, who mentioned that).

Orren
www.myspace.com/emberafter
Author of:
? Guitar Rig 2 Power
? Logic Pro 7 Power
? Logic 7 Ignite

joey_truelove
RM100

Post by joey_truelove » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:05 am

Orren wrote:
joey_truelove wrote:Maybe I used wrong e-mail address but Bruce hasn't got back to me yet :cry:.
Sorry I can't help you with your question, but on this, you're right--Bruce is on vacation, I believe. (My MOD50 is just about ready, so I've been talking to Frank, his partner, who mentioned that).

Orren
Cheers mate. I guess I will have to excercise my renowned patience a little. Anybody know when they're back, estimately?

guitarguy510
Lynch Box

Post by guitarguy510 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:22 am

I think Bruce JUST got back from vacation. I received an email from him last week, but I sent him a question about 2-3 weeks ago when he was still on vacation so I think he's still playing catch up. Patience works best! :D

-Powered by Thorn-

Ziggy!!
RM20

Post by Ziggy!! » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:11 pm

So thats why... :?

I ordered an M4 at the end of May... turns out it is still 3-4 weeks away from being finished. :(

joey_truelove
RM100

Post by joey_truelove » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:29 am

I've just found out the transformer of my M4 was made to transform 110V only :evil:. I simply can not take that in. What'd you think guys: should I get an Egnater transformer for the local mains voltage or should I get a step-down transformer? Either way works for me.

Cheers!

John Czajkowski
RM100

Post by John Czajkowski » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:03 am

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner - been too busy with my CD yada, yada. Anyway, it sounds like there is a remote chance you may just have your M4 in the bypass mode. There is actually a MIDI channel that turns them all on bypass. I can;t rememeber which it is, andI'm away from my rig. To remedy this, you can send a MIDI Program change 1-8 to it and you should be up and running. For it to receive the MIDI info, make sure the DIN switch on the back is set to either OMNI (recieve on all channels 1-16)) or the specific one you know your controler is sending. This may be it?

joey_truelove
RM100

Post by joey_truelove » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:38 pm

I'm quite positive it's the transformer, the fuse being wired for one voltage only, despite the voltage selector feature. Got the Twin and Plexi modules working with a step-down transformer but it seems I've shot the voltage regulator of the SL+ and has to be replaced.

joey_truelove
RM100

Post by joey_truelove » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:59 am

I'm getting closer to the issue on it. Seems two leads of the transformer was never used and were cut short and isolated. Probably these were intended for 220-240V.