MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M4 - the sounds of silence.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joey_truelove
RM100

Location: Dales district, Sweden - heartland of Swedish folkmusic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I used wrong e-mail address but Bruce hasn't got back to me yet Crying or Very sad. He might be on holliday though. I'm curious if the voltage selection is done on the primary or secondary coil. Probably that would be the primary and I could measure the impedance of it. Since no other fuse has blown, that would indicate it's working all right or a wire has burnt off and there is no circuit.
Orren
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joey_truelove wrote:
Maybe I used wrong e-mail address but Bruce hasn't got back to me yet Crying or Very sad.

Sorry I can't help you with your question, but on this, you're right--Bruce is on vacation, I believe. (My MOD50 is just about ready, so I've been talking to Frank, his partner, who mentioned that).

Orren
? Logic Pro 7 Power
? Logic 7 Ignite
joey_truelove
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orren wrote:
joey_truelove wrote:
Maybe I used wrong e-mail address but Bruce hasn't got back to me yet Crying or Very sad.

Sorry I can't help you with your question, but on this, you're right--Bruce is on vacation, I believe. (My MOD50 is just about ready, so I've been talking to Frank, his partner, who mentioned that).

Orren

Cheers mate. I guess I will have to excercise my renowned patience a little. Anybody know when they're back, estimately?
guitarguy510
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bruce JUST got back from vacation. I received an email from him last week, but I sent him a question about 2-3 weeks ago when he was still on vacation so I think he's still playing catch up. Patience works best! Very Happy

-Powered by Thorn-
Ziggy!!
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So thats why... Confused

I ordered an M4 at the end of May... turns out it is still 3-4 weeks away from being finished. Sad
joey_truelove
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just found out the transformer of my M4 was made to transform 110V only Evil or Very Mad. I simply can not take that in. What'd you think guys: should I get an Egnater transformer for the local mains voltage or should I get a step-down transformer? Either way works for me.

Cheers!
John Czajkowski
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner - been too busy with my CD yada, yada. Anyway, it sounds like there is a remote chance you may just have your M4 in the bypass mode. There is actually a MIDI channel that turns them all on bypass. I can;t rememeber which it is, andI'm away from my rig. To remedy this, you can send a MIDI Program change 1-8 to it and you should be up and running. For it to receive the MIDI info, make sure the DIN switch on the back is set to either OMNI (recieve on all channels 1-16)) or the specific one you know your controler is sending. This may be it?

Hectic Watermelon

Buy the HWM Album
joey_truelove
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite positive it's the transformer, the fuse being wired for one voltage only, despite the voltage selector feature. Got the Twin and Plexi modules working with a step-down transformer but it seems I've shot the voltage regulator of the SL+ and has to be replaced.
joey_truelove
RM100

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting closer to the issue on it. Seems two leads of the transformer was never used and were cut short and isolated. Probably these were intended for 220-240V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: