Is my Brahama modified?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Reaction score
I just received a "new" Brahma from Musicians Friend but it is obviously not new so I will have to talk to them to see how they want to handle that but my question is that it looks like it may have been modded.

Does a stock Brahma have two capacitors on C3 with two resistors? One resistor is wired across one of the caps in parallel (closest to the chassis connector) and the other resistor is soldered in series between the two caps. I can take a picture of it when I get home tonight if needed.
There is also a little solder on the connection traces.

Other than that it looks pretty new but this doesn't look like anything I've seen from Randall so far. Does it sound like it was modified to you?

whta is going on at MF? Another guy ordered a module that was broken, returned for another only to be broken again and so on...

I usually have pretty good luck with MF but this one kinda pisses me off.
If I had ordered a scratch & dent then it would be fine but I paid for new and this one still has the box and receipt as shipped from U.S. Music Corp. to MF and it doesn't have the original Randall box and packing.

I'll be sending it back or getting a substantial discount but before I call I'd like to know if it's been modified.

Sampson said:
I just received a "new" Brahma from Musicians Friend but it is obviously not new so I will have to talk to them to see how they want to handle that but my question is that it looks like it may have been modded.

Does a stock Brahma have two capacitors on C3 with two resistors? One resistor is wired across one of the caps in parallel (closest to the chassis connector) and the other resistor is soldered in series between the two caps. I can take a picture of it when I get home tonight if needed.
There is also a little solder on the connection traces.

Other than that it looks pretty new but this doesn't look like anything I've seen from Randall so far. Does it sound like it was modified to you?

Completely normal...see thread here...still wondering what functionality that provides meself:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=4957

I'm fairly sure it's tuned to affect both input gain and feel (sag?)..but don't understand how it works.

I saw that post before but just didn't understand it at the time but now I get it.
Thanks for letting me know.

I'm exchanging it with MF anyway because the way it arrived just isn't cool.

JKD is right...the C3 cap "arrangement" on the BRAHMA,that Sampson just described,is correct...i still dont know what the low-end cap "value" on this module is,though...i'm thinking it's a .022uF but i'm just guessing. :? anyone know for sure???