Just saw George Lynch live.......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dalkhir said:
I saw George awhile back and the Marshall died in sound check so he used the Randall (Brahma module) with the pedal board. The sound smoked the old Marshall much larger with better sustain. I still don't get why he doesn't use it.

Also if any of you live in So Cal and don't know how far off the Brahma is from the Factory, send it to Dave Friedman you won't believe the difference. He also modded an SL+ to the same spec he did for Steve Stevens, and put the Mr. Scary to proper specs as well. It's worth the cash if you have the chance to do it.
+1 on the Dave Friedman mods. I sent him my Mr. Scary as well as my Brahma and MAN.....Best tone I have gotten out of the Lynch box to date!
Very reasonable price as well. Will put a smile on your face when you hear the difference on what Dave says" The modules are SUPPOSED to sound like." Cant thank him enough. Check him out!! :D

Dalkhir said:
Also if any of you live in So Cal and don't know how far off the Brahma is from the Factory, send it to Dave Friedman you won't believe the difference. He also modded an SL+ to the same spec he did for Steve Stevens, and put the Mr. Scary to proper specs as well. It's worth the cash if you have the chance to do it.

What do the bolded terms mean? Randall is not shipping it's own modules to their own specs? That would be confusing.....

I have a Friedman modded Mr Scary...it's not much of a change component wise and it only makes a tiny difference to the tone.

Mailman1971 said:
Dalkhir said:
I saw George awhile back and the Marshall died in sound check so he used the Randall (Brahma module) with the pedal board. The sound smoked the old Marshall much larger with better sustain. I still don't get why he doesn't use it.

+1 on the Dave Friedman mods. I sent him my Mr. Scary as well as my Brahma and MAN.....Best tone I have gotten out of the Lynch box to date!
Very reasonable price as well. Will put a smile on your face when you hear the difference on what Dave says" The modules are SUPPOSED to sound like." Cant thank him enough. Check him out!! :D

Describe the differences in the Brahma..

I never heard the stock Brahma so I cant speak to what it sounded like. I ordered a new Brahma and shipped it to Dave the same day I got it in. Dave told me that there were a few changes that needed to be done to make the Brahma sound like it was ment to be. The modded one I have is really clear and crisp distortion and hits a Van Halen Fair Warning TONE when pushed with a OD. I use a modded SD-1 and it really is a KILER tone. My favorite so far I have played thru the Lynch Box. Not as HEAVY as the Scary but MORE SWEET TONE if that makes sense? :?
Really nails Demartini "Lay it down" better than any other module I have used. When I want the nice AC/DC Zepplin tone I just flick off the OD and turn the gain back a little and it lands right there as well. Sorry for the long explanation but I finally think I have found the killer rig(at least for myself)
Lynch box, Lynch Box Cab, Pete modded 1086 for the Brutal, Friedman modded Scary and Brahma......."Who cares about clean" :lol:
But thats just my PREFECT RIG and the best tones I have played thru to date! I have owned over 25 amp heads....all the Eggy modules, and 99% of all the Randall modules and this is MY TONE. Loving it!!
MTS is the best deal going.
Keep rocking brothers..........

Dan

SOunds like the best way to find out would be to get another Brahma and get it modded....I love the sound of my Brahma though so I wouldn't risk modding the one I own :D

JKD said:
SOunds like the best way to find out would be to get another Brahma and get it modded....I love the sound of my Brahma though so I wouldn't risk modding the one I own :D
Thats the Ticket!! That was EXACTLY how I got my 2nd 1086. I bought the one off Pete and still had my original stock one. I figured "well just give it a shot" and it paid off! I then sold my stock 1086 and had the kick *** one! That modded Brahma is really Killer and you wont go wrong. Dave did quite a bit to it, moved some parts, replaced some parts...probably more but that was just me looking on a quick view of the module. But its when PUSHED with a OD that it COMES TO LIFE!!
Best BROWN sound out there yet! :wink:

Add a Xotic BB preamp and Cusack Screamer infront of the Brahma... :p ...it just gets better and better!!

HBE Power Screamer, Xotic BB Preamp, BBE Greenscreamer, Keeley SD-1....it's all good :twisted:

Your right on that. I keep the gain almost off and the level at about noon on my pedal and its very noticeable when I kick it on. Certain modules respond better when using a OD and the Modded out Brahma really JUMPS to life! You get tone for days!! 8)

Latest posts