XTC will not light up?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not_so_new

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just bought an XTC from someone here and it does not work.... kind of frustrating.

I tried the XTC in all 4 of my slots on my RM4, tried re-seating the tubes, tried swapping the tubes with one of of my other modules. I know that the RM4 is fine because all of my other modules work.

When I turn on my RM4 all of my modules flash for just a second then the module in slot one becomes active (I assume this is normal while the modules are initializing). Anyway when the XTC is in the RM4 it does not flash when the unit it turned on and it will never light when I switch to it nor will it pass any audio.

I don't see any cold soldering joints and no obvious damage to any components... any ideas?

Thanks.

strange. is the module properly seated in the rm4?

is the slot connector on the pcb of the module clean?

is it a black stripe or older module?

do you have a pic of the module's slot connector?

maeshuggah said:
strange. is the module properly seated in the rm4?

is the slot connector on the pcb of the module clean?

is it a black stripe or older module?

do you have a pic of the module's slot connector?

Hey Maeshuggah

Yep the module is seated just fine, I thought the same thing that is why I tried it in each slot of the RM4.

The slot connector looks to be fine. No corrosion or anything and it looks just as clean as my other modules.

I am a little confused about the black stripe stuff that I hear about on line actually. I believe all my units have a black stripe but the XTC is a little different because it has larger black stripe accost the top where the words are, "Gain" "Bass" "Middle" etc.

My module looks exactly like the XTC in this photo..

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/products/amplifiers/mts/images/zoom_rm4.jpg

.. does that make my XTC newer or older?? Sorry for the stupid question.

No pic but I can try to get one, as I said it looks just like all my other modules. *shrug* No idea, I hope someone can help.

I guys

I'm live in France.

I have the same problem !

I change 3 modules xtc and anyone work :cry:

I wait the end of the month to return my module.

I have the SL+, plexi and blacface and they works great in any slot of the RM4.

I hope that the next one will work great.

Perhaps its a voltage problem with the xtc module.? a bad capacitor or maybe a resistor. I know that the three resistors at the top right corner of the module 220k & 2x 4.7k (near the 2 large capacitors) can blow if its not wired right. that would make no sound.

maeshuggah said:
Perhaps its a voltage problem with the xtc module.? a bad capacitor or maybe a resistor. I know that the three resistors at the top right corner of the module 220k & 2x 4.7k (near the 2 large capacitors) can blow if its not wired right. that would make no sound.

I was thinking that as well. If I had a schematic I might be able to trace it down a little better, are the drawing available on line some place.

Are their any test points on the board? I can't find them if they are.. I guess I could go point by point and see if I could track it down.

I had the exact same problem with my first XTC module. I couldn't understand it, as it was brand new and every other module worked in any slot.

I returned the module and got a new one, and no problems whatsoever! You probably have a faulty module.