Hectic Watermelon Live Clips! 2 Egnater preamp W/D/D/R rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Live Bootleg of "The Third Derivative of James Brown."
http://www.hecticwatermelon.com/musik.cfm?go=1&component=music-download&id=96705

We got a pretty decent quality stereo mic recording of our very fun gig at the Coors Rock on Stage at the San Diego County Fair. The band played the material well, and it was the biggest crowd we have played for after only three gigs, so that was really cool too! Thanks again for those whoe could make it to the show!

As of this writing, there is now live material up on the band website on both the site-wide player and live bootleg download area. The first tune I uploaded is the math-fusion nightmare, ?The Third Derivative of James Brown.? Wild and crazy...

Notes on the patch design for "The Third Derivative of James Brown." My W/D/D/W rig has 2 Egnater preamps and a VHT power amp some of you may have seen in my other thread. The live recording quality could be much better, but you can still hear lots of stuff getting switched around in this very fragmented and wacky tune. The clean Andy Summers tones are the Engnater ie4 Ch 2 with a compressor and EQ in front of it heading to a brighter voicing on VHT ch A and stereo chorus and delays with a synth pad. The distortion parts use a setup that switches between the M4 Erect A for rhythm and ie4 ch 3 for lead tones. They are switched back and forth with an expression pedal so I can pop back and forth betwen them very fast and not get lost! Also the marimba synth fades in when the pedal is rocked down to the lead. During the Planet X math melt-down before the drum solo, there is a new synth pad that takes the place of the marimba for a while. Also, there is a light room reverb on both rhythm and leads with the option to add delay to the lead.

We also got some video! When I?m done with the CD mixing/mastering and artwork, I?ll try to hook the audio and the video together in Final Cut LE. I have never done any video editing, so it will probably take me a few days to figure that whole evolution out. (I need to put together a promo package so we can try to get more gigs.) Anybody in the San Diego area who would be willing to give me a lesson on Final Cut LE, I?ll pay, buy beer, you name it!

Always good to hear stuff of yours John! Diggin' that Eggie goodness sir! :) I'm feeling pretty confident about making the move to the Egnater M4/VHT 2/50/2 setup... feeling dumb for selling the VHT a month ago right now though... lol :?

Thanks! The rack set-up is cool, but complicated. You can hear on that live recording how the pedal fading between rhythm and lead settings was a little if-y for the first time through the form but then it tracked better for the rest of the tune. The last time through after the drum solo sounded ok. Two separate preset switches are ok for rhythm and lead as long as it isn't flipping back and forth too quickly, but I just have to do it with a pedal or a single switch on this tune or else I'll trip all over myself like a dancing bear.