Super V comments! For electric Blues players.....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesguitar

Reaction score
Hey all.....

For anyone who has, or is thinking about buying this module, the following is how I use it. Thought it might be helpful. I realize not as many Blues players probably consider the MTS amps as their bread and butter, but as I play a little more aggressive electric Blues with my rig, I've found some great modules and settings. (See below for rig details on other components used in this brief review).

Bought a "stock" Super V. Replaced the stock tubes with GT12AT7R2's. I opted not to use this module as a "clean" as I already have that covered very well.
I open the gain "full up", run the Bass and treble to suit my cab, but pretty "brassy" up top with a large compliment of low end as well. The mids I run at about 2 o'clock for a very honky sound.
Using an american standard Tele with SCN pick up retrofit on the "neck" position.

If you like "Los Lonely Boys" and perhaps a tone like on the tune "oye mamcita" from the "Sacred" album, this is a stunning recreation. I crank it pretty extreme to achieve the results, but I've found it sounds pretty healthy even at lower tones.
This module used in this fashion creates a very healthy "low gain" Blues tones that erupts when you get on it........I've been able to really pull some healthy sounds out of it and the tone is like no other module I've tried.
It seems to be primarily marketed as a "Clean" module and because it's a George Lynch unit, it may not be considered by some potential users (no offense to George, the guy kills of course), just that it may "pigeon hole" the module unfairly.

It's been one of my favorite purchase as of late......
Suprisingly, I don't care for it much as a "clean" module, it's usable, but in the above capacity, it shines like a star!

There ya go.......hope it helps for anyone who digs the same kinda music.

James

I've been using an unmodified Top Boost Module straight from the guitar (a Strat I built myself with Lindy Fralin standard output, not over wound, pups) in a RM50 with JJ 6V6s. The other module is an ultra lead, and, it does everything I need for blues. All I have to do is back off the volume on the guitar for cleans, and because of the inherent top end boost, the tone still sparkles! Pat L. from Bluesball