Yeah dumb question I know but....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not_so_new

Reaction score
I am a little confused about the black stripe stuff that I hear about on line. I believe all my units have a black stripe but the XTC is a little different because it has larger black stripe accost the top where the words are, "Gain" "Bass" "Middle" etc.

My module looks exactly like the XTC in this photo..

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/products/amplifiers/mts/images/zoom_rm4.jpg

.. does that make my XTC newer or older?? Sorry for the stupid question.

joey_truelove said:
That's what they mean by "black stripe". It's kind of Mk II of the Randall units.

Aaaahhhh... so the black stripe units are the ones with the heavy black line not the pin stripe black line then? Cool (if I have it right).

they should call them Black Screw or Silver Screw. there would be less Confusion. the later Modules have Black thumbscrews and the "Original" modules have Silver thumbscrews. At least all mine do :?

Yup, the black stripe modules are the newer ones. I think the difference is they put .022 caps in all the newer high gain modules where as the originals had the .047 cap. Also I think they did the resistor mods on the newer clean modules where as the the older silver faced modules had the old resistor. The XTC has always had the .022 cap though so I don't think there were any changes to this module. I always try and find the original silver faced modules because they are cheap used and it is easy to do the capacitor/resistor mods.