thrash and burn tour in chicago

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonymustang302

Reaction score
Alright, who went to the Thrash And Burn Tour last night at the pearl room in chicago?

Only bands using MTS amps......Arsis, and Darkest Hour.

I'm really mad because my favorite band in the entire world is not using mesa, or never was. I talked to both guitarist and they said they only use 5150's (back down under). The mesa's were rented for their tour here, didnt even know how to pernounce mesa boogie... LoL.

Sickest performances.... Parkway, Arsis, After the Burial, and Veil of Maya.

evreytime i 've ever owned a 5150 it sucked but it seems the pro's get good sounds out of them.

thebigpolarbear said:
parkway drive is f&*king amazing they use kranks i think though

No they dont, i talked to the guitarists personally. Any gear you see is rented, at home they use 5150II's with Maxon 808 boosting them. And NS-2 for noise suppression and thats all.

When they recorded, they used their 5150's and JCM800 for leads/crunch.

No one uses Krank, they suck IMHO.

At thate show Luke (rythm guitarist) used a 5150 with a maxon 808 boosting, it, the other guitarist was using a rented dual rec with a 808.

LOL! did u just say NO ONE uses kranks? lets see, dime, nergal from behemoth, the guys from shadows fall, hetfield sometimes, the demonstration, as i lay dying, i killed the prom queen, dethklok (lol), and appasrently those bands are NO ONE?

job for a cowboy, through the eyes of the dead, black dahlia murder, god forbid, just to add a few more :wink: although i see god forbid changed to the randall rm100 recently. i've heard people say they sound great for the pros but not so good for us everyday local musicians, maybe the pros have theirs hooked up to a bunch of rack gear, i don't know but thats what i hear from people who have used them. - guitar -maxon 808-ns-2-amp, that's exactly my set up , only i prefer the rm100 to the 5150 II, i use to have a duece about four amps ago and never really cared for it, the block letter is the best one i'd say