michael amott ninja v2 head on ebay

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob147

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RANDALL-V2-Ninja-Guitar-Amp-Head-LIMITED-SERIES_W0QQitemZ290182446020QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RD/Rich said:
Besides the looks the amp ships w/ Ruby 12ax7s, the 3rd channel has more gain, and is brighter than a regular V2.
Its nice custom design .. but c'mon, do we realy need more gain on this monster?
I will paint my V2 and I can name it W22, can I?
:) I love my mecixo pinball V2 head! :) I'll paint screws in red and add green neon light inside and maybe to improve also technical caracteristics to install new stronger cooler for mosfet? And it will be my custom made VT, as I said W22 Mexico Pinnball...

I think Molotov is right.
If anyone of you Randall-Addicted has got a Myspace and Micheal Ammott's Myspace on your friends lists...one of his recent tour pictures shows him in front of 2 Randall XJ cabinet "Ninja",and 2 Randall V2.
Yeah you read right,2 V2 and not 2 V2 ninja.

Maybe he understand that the custom model got only a different look.
And different Tube Brand.
And a little more gain,that I think is not so essential.

I mean,come on,V2 is one of the greatest heads on the market,infinite tonal settings,a lot of gain,and so much power.

So maybe even one of my favourite guitar player(Micheal Ammott)doesn't use his custo model and still uses his old V2.

And Dimebag(r.i.p forever)did never really used a Krankenstein,he put all his trust into Randall,or so they say.

STAY METAL GUYS!

Michael's live rig doesn't have a singe V2 in it.....he's using MTS's with a blackface for cleans, an Ultra XL for his rythm and another Ultra XL set hotter for his leads. He does use his custom Ninja cabs with the silver tolex and red lettering.

You're right Rich,I've seen that picture again and I was wrong.Thanks for the corrections,and you seem to be a great Micheal Ammott fan...I prefer Chris Ammott anyway!
Well In any case Micheal does NOT use the Ninja V2,and this makes me think about how good could this head be...
Well If the only differences are the Ruby tubes,why not putting this beauties on your V2?

I do love me some Arch Enemy. I have been a BIG Amott fan since his first album he did with Carcass (Necrotisism.....something or other lol) I have (unintentionally) had pretty much a copy f 2 of his rigs. I have had The 5150 and the V2 rigs. I also have his Signature Ninja V that my wife bought me as a Wedding present. It's the baddest sounding/playing guitar I have ever owned. I upgraded it to EMG 81/85 with the 18v mod. Strung with EB 11-58 strings tune dropped C or C standard. I now run a Randall 4x12 cab with G12T-75's redone to look like a new series cabs on top of a Randall RS125CX cab with a Mesa Triple Rectifier.

So this is a surprise!The Ninja sounding and Playing bad?Really I'm stupify...on the Harmony Central website the reviews gives to it all 10...maybe is because no one plays that guitar without thinking that is the copy of mike's guitar...Well have you ever tried a Caparison?Chris Ammott has developed his own custom model(the CA derringer)and reviews says that's one of the greatest sounding guitar for melodic death metal...even he now uses Randall RM heads,instead of the old V2.
I hope to be able to try one of the RM soon...Thank you Rick for the information and have a Metal Week End!

LMAO!!!!! No No No!!! I meant "Baddest" as in totally sick....totally killer and generally friggin AWESOME! hehe

lol Sorry for the misunderstanding man!
Awesome killing guitar uh...maybe I must think about getting one of this beauty..even if my Sv standard made in japan gets the job done really well...anyway you must really try a Caparison...they say it's pretty cool...Do you play in a band man?If so,tell me if you got some music on Myspace or wherever to listen to it...are you into death melodic metal or some grind stuff?