expression pedal recommendation

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photios

Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting together a new rig with the M4, VTH 2/50/2 and the G System (may be adding an ISP Decimator...we'll se how noisy it all is). Im new to the MIDI thing and I need a good expression pedal to use with the G system...any recommendations or advice?

I'm currently running 2 Ernie Ball VP Jr Passive pedals with my G-System. They work great. The G System has an incredible gate on it. Better than anything I've used before. I would hold off on buying the ISP until after you get the T.C.

The G -System replaced a huge pedal board full of craziness and I won't go back. Angstrom Cases on Ebay makes a flight case that fits the G-System and two Expression pedals perfect.

Oh good, someone else has a G System.

Yeah, I figured I get the M4 and VHT 2/50/2 and hook it all up before I buy the ISP Decimator...Frank @ Egnater said I probably wont need it...but I've been playing digital for 20 years and I'm spoiled with pristine clean and quiet even on high gain patches. This will be my first tube amp (this will also be my first attempt at midi control) and the only tube amps that I've heard sound like jet airplanes preparing for takeoff. Hopefully I wont need the ISP...I'll know in a few weeks. Thanks for the tip on the case and the pedals...I'll look into it.

I already have the G System...it came a few days ago...I've read the book (twice) that came with it, but it kind of assumes that you already have a midi background...I dont. I'm hoping the G System will, with one push of one footswitch, change the M4 channel, change the G System effects patch and do it seamlessly...am I in for a letdown?

Whats cool is that it wil change your amp channel and effects at one push of a button, but it will also let you turn effects on and off on the fly when inspiration strikes. I have the Loop buttons on the top assigned to the channels of the amp, so I can change channels at will as well. Then if I feel like going to a preset I can just hit one of those. It took me a couple of weeks of tweeking to get it how I needed it. The manual is very vague.

Are you going to rack mount the processor ?

Uh Oh...vague manual and newbie with tube amps and midi...sounds like a bad deal for me. When it all comes can I hit you up with questions if I have any?

Also, that Angstrom Cases that you mentioned in an earlier post...I cant find them on ebay...do you have any other contact info for them?

ooops...sorry. didnt see that you had asked me another question about rack mounting the unit. I do plan on rack mounting the brain separate from the foot controller. For my purposes, having the brain close to the power unit and to the preamp and amp will keep my cable runs short and easy...plus, I just love the idea of having a single cat 5 cable to keep everything clean on the floor. However, finding a cat 5 cable with an XLR housing is no small chore. I guess I'll get the Line 6 Variax cable?

Latest posts