Randall: Stingy w/ the Green tolex & won't name supplier

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Reaction score
I've tried to buy some of the green alligator tolex from Randall so I can have my 2 x 12 covered to match my Lynchbox. I actually was able to buy some a year or so ago but it wasn't enough. Not knowing how to order tolex by the "yard" or whatever, I gave them the measurements of my 2 x 12 and then they sold my a piece for about $70 that was barely half of what I needed. Now they won't sell any of it but what's really odd is they won't tell me who the supplier is. Really, what's the big deal anyway? It's not like it's the secret formula for Coke or the 11 herbs and spices in KFC. One way or another, I'm going to find a way to get my hands on enough of the Lynchbox tolex to cover my cab... I'll pay a finders fee if anyone can come up with some. I mean, I own the Lynchbox, the RM4 pre-amp and have bought 13 modules over the last 2 years and used to own the RT250 poweramp. You'd think that, to keep a good customer happy, they could cough up a little tolex for me or tell me who makes it. Again, What is the BFD anyway?

And then I tried to buy the gold "Randall" logo (not the skull and bones) that came on some of the early Lynchboxes. The Randall rep said there could be some back in a bin somewhere but it didn't show up on his computer. Could somebody get off their *** and go back and look? I actually had one on back order shortly after the Lynchbox came out through the dealer I bought my LB through--it never showed up and that dealer is no longer a Randall dealer.

It seems like the same old story. Randall has great R & D, but when it comes to customer support, they're very inconsistent to say the least--and just plan weird sometimes.

Now that I'm done with my rant, (sigh) I feel a little better now...

I feel ya..I just wanted some creme knobs like on the Egnater stuff and fulltone pedals and cant find a supplier on line for those. They have to be getting them from somewhere.

those cream knobs can be located here as well:

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/accessories/accessoryparts.asp

caine...are you located is the us? i'll see what i can do.

RD/Steve said:
those cream knobs can be located here as well:

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/accessories/accessoryparts.asp

Sorry but wrong creme knobs.

just trying to help...these are the knobs randall offers.

i think if you contact egnater (jeff hilligan) they should be able to help you. not sure though...but doesn't hurt to try.

Already bought them for a 3rd of the price that 2 forumites tried to sell them to me for. $13 shipped

i do like those creme pointer knobs you guys have but at this present time i dont have anything to put them on ....but im sure i will :D oneday

RD/Steve said:

Yes. That would be very cool and appreciated if you could help me out.