RM4 Discontinued?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorne

Reaction score
Every online store I can find shows the RM4 and RT2/50 as being discontinued. Are the stores correct?

Sup?

Music 123 still has them listed, but says expect them in 2 to 3 weeks.

MOSH ON
DAVE

I noticed Musician's Friend removed it from their website. Not sure why, but they did. Is there a newer version coming out? Reliability issues? I'm interested to find out why it got pulled! :?

Randall is shifting production to their Chicago plant and is going through a transition phase as they ramp production.

so now the RM4 and rt250 its going to be made in usa?,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RM4-Empty-Preamp-Chassis-without-Modules?sku=180275&src=00633

:roll:

Actually Eden moved all of its electronics manufacturing to Chicago. Eden makes the modules for Randall. Now it will all be under one roof. I'm not sure where the amps circuit boards are made. All the Eden and Randall cabs are made on the same line. They also make all there own strings right there.

photios said:
are they coming out with a new dual channel version like Egnater?

I don't think they have any plan of doing that (although it would be cool). Not sure if Bruce has the rights to that part of the modular design, helps keep the competition for his stuff to his advantage! I would buy the Egnater stuff any day, but the Randall stuff is still good. Not sure why they charged so much for the RM4.... craziness! :roll:

Got word today that they are still in production.

"I spoke to Doug Reynolds this morning. RM4 is NOT discontinued. We are in production on them now. I'm told they are about 2 weeks out."

Still discontinued at Muscian's Fiend (was that Freudian?) Are they having problems with the tooling up at the Chi-town plant?

I have to imagine that they are still getting spun up with the factory change. I haven't received mine yet.