Effects Loop Questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvileOL

Reaction score
Hey all.

I use a Randall V2 with 3 pedals on top of it (off stage)

I was just wondering if you could advise me on the effects loop.

This is what I have setup at the moment:

Guitar > Wireless Receiver > Noise Surpressor > Tubescreamer > Input

Effects Send > Digitech Delay > Effects Return

Questions:
Now what would the difference be with SERIES or PARALLEL? and would you have the pedals set up this way?

My only problem with the tubescreamer being there, when I go onto clean i have to turn off the TS9 also. Does anyone put this in the effects loop? (I will mainly use the effects loop for solo boosts)

Also, is it advisable using the LEVEL nobs on the effects SEND and RETURN as a volume. ie, when I click FX Loop for a solo, it is slightly louder for a boost.

I ask only because this is the first time i've ever used the effects loop on an amp and I don't fully understand the do's and don'ts.

hey ol!! still hearing "thrasher" all the time on sirius channel 27. digging on the cd,man.
i can answer no.2-yes,you can use the return level on the loop as a boost for your solos.

series loop routes the entire signal through the FX loop (useful for noisegates etc.) and parallel just sends a part of the signal into the effects (better for delays and time-based effects)