1086 Mid Scoop

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Anyone else try the 1086 in a band setting yet?

Had first rehearsal tonight with the new rig and while the 1086 sounds great I really had to crank the mids (with mid-boost on) to cut through the mix.

Sounds pretty cool with some reverb, delay and chorus for Darkness type sounds. We busted out I Believe in a Thing Called Love tonight and the 1086 really gets you close on the sound :)

Pretty funny watching a 6.2 280lb dude hitting the falsetto.

LOOOOL! Nice that visual just had me cracking up at work man! :shock: :lol: I usually set the 1086 with a decent amount of mids, because as you saw, to cut in ANY band situation in requires at least SOME mids to the guitar tone or else you get drowned out between the bass and drums! :( Once I get my M4 I'll let you know how I have it set up! My Mesa 50/50 should be here soon though and my EarCandy cabs I believe are arriving on Tuesday!! :D WOOT! 8)

If you want a visual ... www.myspace.com/romanholidayband

Are you having any issues with myspace? I tried logging in and it was saying I cancelled my membership or that my userid has been deleted? I'm not sure if it's just myspace right now, because they've been having issues out the butt for the past week now on and off... stupid myspace! :? I tried adding you to my friends, see if you received the add request and if you add me and my profile shows up I'll know my profile is still there! lol :)

Think they've had electricity problems again as they are located in Cali.

Ned (or anyone else with relevant experience),

What's your verdict on the 1086 after you've had a month or so to play it in a band context? Is it cutting through?

I had initially considered getting a 1086 to replace my Recto, but some of the initial reviews I saw on HCGF implied it sounded great alone but didn't cut through a band mix that well (too scooped). I like LOTS of mids, so I kept the Recto.

I've done the .001 cap mod on my Recto, and I like the TONE of it, I just don't like the way it reacts to palm mutes...the V30s in my 412 cab sound like they're about to blow everytime I palm mute. For the record, I keep both the gain and bass below 12 o'clock on the module, so I don't think I'm overdoing either. (I keep the mids very high.)

Is the 1086 gonna give me close to a Recto tone, allow better/tighter palm mutes, and CUT through a band mix as well???

Gary

I used my 1086 (non-band situation, to be clear) set with a GOOD DEAL OF MIDS and it sounded great. I had plenty of heavy palm muted chunk going on, but it CUT very well. I have no worries about it cutting in a band context, provided that you don't cut the mids. That might sound good as a layer for a recording, but scooping the mids in a band context will only drown your tone out from the bass and drums. :? Hope that helps! :D

The 1086 is now my favorite module. I run it with the distortion switch off and the mid boost on, then crank the mids (about 4 oclock). Found I was using it more at Friday's gig than my Eggie SL.