Purchased a Mr. Scary...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred-o-holic

Reaction score
...off another forumite....should be interesting to compare it to my KH-3. I have to grown to love the KH-3 after not liking it's feel initially. I was really into the Pete modded Recto for a while, but the KH-3 has taken over. We'll see which of the three modules is the odd man out after Mr. Scary shows up. :lol: :twisted:

I think I'm more a Marshall type MTS tone junkie than anything... :oops: :lol:

i had one and it was nice but its midrange is a bit much for what i wanted it to do , it is a sweet module, congrats

The only amp that had too much mids was a Splawn Quickrod that I had....I can deal with Marshall/Soldano type of mids..

Great module. Sort of a brown plexi with a bit more gain. KH-3 is tighter, less opened and dynamic, perfect for the real high gain stuff.

I have both in my rack and they complement each other very well.

Never tried a KH-3 but a buddy is getting one in so i will borrow his and compare.

My Mr. Scary has the Turley warmth clarity mod and it is one sick sounding module, really clear and articulate, I love the mid range, I keep it at about 12 and it it just sings for me, really nice for low tuned 7s as well.

TheHunter said:
Never tried a KH-3 but a buddy is getting one in so i will borrow his and compare.

My Mr. Scary has the Turley warmth clarity mod and it is one sick sounding module, really clear and articulate, I love the mid range, I keep it at about 12 and it it just sings for me, really nice for low tuned 7s as well.

You had to mention that.....doggone it.....I will prolly have to send it to Pete if it makes a big diff in clarity and warmth now... :lol: :roll: 8)

Steven Latch said:
Great module. Sort of a brown plexi with a bit more gain. KH-3 is tighter, less opened and dynamic, perfect for the real high gain stuff.

I have both in my rack and they complement each other very well.

Thanks for the comparison.. 8)

shred-o-holic said:
TheHunter said:

You had to mention that.....doggone it.....I will prolly have to send it to Pete if it makes a big diff in clarity and warmth now... :lol: :roll: 8)

Never tried it stock I bought mine modded, but from what I have read Its what this thing needs and hands down its bad @55, it picks up where my modded SL+ leaves off per say.

I couldnt put one module over the other, they all shred in so many different ways **** YOU RANDALL **** YOU......

JKD said:
shred-o-holic said:
JKD said:
YOu should get yourself an RM4 :D

Yooze talken ah me?

:oops: :twisted: :lol:

But of course...haha! :p

Ohhhh.......hahahaha you scarry guy you!! Then I would have to fill all the slots and then buy a power amp and then.....oh no no no... :oops: :x :roll: :lol: :lol:

I took a one way trip out of Rackland about 8 years ago and I'm not headed back.....if I ever revisited there I would prolly fall into the AxeFX hype.....and that would surely trap me back into the debt that I just crawled out of... :oops: :wink:

Although I could see maybe acquiring an RM 50 someday... :p :lol:

I received the Scary.......I like it......it's a little more open and less compressed than the KH-3......I bet it will record better than the KH-3 does.....to me it's modded Marshall all the way.....so far I don't hear the SLO comparison......I've played alot of SLO's and they are more the singing and less tight on the bottom string feel....they have a unique sound which is killer but this mod is way tighter in the lower registers......I love the solid feeling skull knobs....the faceplate design could be better....I bet Pete could do something killer with that...

The Dave F mod makes it sing and compress more up top...but you're probably right about the low end....migth be worth looking at c3 change on it if you want that.

I already asked Pete about a metallic/flames re-design for teh Scary ...hopefully he has something coming "D

JKD said:
The Dave F mod makes it sing and compress more up top...but you're probably right about the low end....migth be worth looking at c3 change on it if you want that.

I already asked Pete about a metallic/flames re-design for teh Scary ...hopefully he has something coming "D

I think I'm going to have him do Iommi Crosses on mine. What's up with these JJ's in this module? I would think there has to be a warmer choice......how do Tung Sols do in these modules or what do you guys use in your Scary's? I actually wouldn't change the feel I just want more warmth....

I think I have a Tung-Sol and some long-plate tube in mine...might be the Mullard re-issue.