Dimebag Tones?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you saying the Ultra has less gain then the 1086? I had the 1086 and it had less gain than my Mr. Scary also.

Any information on the Ultra XL anyone? Gain,,, Dime Tone???

I picked up a Ultra XL and it sounds really good. It gets me really close to Dimebag's tone. A parametric EQ should finish my quest.

Its hard to say if the ultra has less gain than the 1086. Both sound wicked with the gain on full. the ultra is smoother and the 1086 really cuts through. I like the 1086 better my metal sound. I am placing the gain on the ultra at 12 oclock for mid a gain rock sound.

tlingen said:
I had the 1086 and it had less gain than my Mr. Scary also.

Are you kidding? The 1086 in my opinion crushes the Mr. Scary gain wise. Out of the gainy modules I have the 1086, SL+, Modern and UltraXL all have higher gains compared to the Mr. Scary at least for me.

the 1086 CRUSHES pretty much all other high gain modules, IMHO. The Ultra Lead was very nice too, don't discount that one. I don't think the Ultra, Mr. Scary or SL+ would have as much gain as the 1086 though...

i'd say the regular Ultra module is closest for dimebag tones...otherwise,i agree with "Disciple"'s last statement.IMO,the 1086 has way more gain than the Mr Scary.the reg Ultra,i feel,has a tad bit more gain(a little smoother & less recto-ish) than the 1086,maybe.the Mr Scary sounds almost as gainy as the SL+,but it's a little more refined & smoother sounding in its tone.the modern is pretty similiar(with a tad less gain) to the 1086,and the Ultra XL is like an Ultra with the bottom end cranked up some!!!