Delay / Lynch Box

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintage911

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm French and a recent owner of a Randall Lynch Box.
As a lot of people here on the forum, I'm Lynch Addicted...

I use a Lynch box amp head and a Lynch box cabinet, and also a ESP sunbusrt Tiger. :p
A have a few pedals (as for example CS9 ibanez, tube blower Jacques), but my problem is located on the delay use.
I tried to put my delay pedal (Ibanez) in a different position (before after the orther pedals) in the loop (parallel and serie) but no way...when I use the brahma or grail module, the sound is awful...impossible to have a very good delay..
With the Blackface module no problem...the sound is perfect, deep and clear...I don't understand why I cannot have a very good rock sound when I try to use the delay ?
Do you have some ideas ? Do you think that it is due to the pedal quality ?

Thank you in advance for replying me and sorry for my poor english...!

Merry christmas for all of you !

Best regards

Laurent

I'm going to take a leap here. Note that I don't have my amp yet. It should be here in a couple days.

Tech support suggested I get a EBTech Line Level Shifter which shifts from line level to -10 dbv stomp box level and then can go back again. It's a passive unit and requires no power supply. I'll have to see if the return on the loop works better with the signal returning to line level or if it is clearer staying at the -10 dbv and just turning up the amp louder.

With my set up (running the ISP Decimator G-string) they told me to just get one of those EBTech units and use the serial loop. I'll probably stay with that.

Also this way there's no phasing issue with the wet/dry stuff. The FX loops are designed for rack FX. Both of us are running or going to run stomp boxes.