jaguar=celestion?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teokiatuan

Reaction score
hey all
im new here so be nice alright!

hey people

i recently got a Randall V2XMN Ninja,its michael amott's(had no idea who he was prior to buying this amp) signature combo

its a 35w 1x12

i got it mainly on a strong recommendation of a friend, i did try it out though, onboard distortions' pretty good compared to my old POS amp... cleans are great, pity i won't be using them much...

thing is, it states that it comes loaded with a Randall 1x12 Jaguar

my friend1 said that it was a Celestion Rocket 50(he knows his stuff, maybe he made a mistake i don't know..) , and so did the salesperson(not too sure about his knowledge)

so 10 minutes after getting the amp,

me: WTF no celestion rocket 50s? instead a Randall Jaguar?
friend2: you got conned hehhhh..
me: ...

so i call the shop and ask what is up with the speaker situation, they tell me that Jaguars are made my Celestion for Randall, sorta like an OEM item i reckon

i've googled it and found http://www.randallamplifiers.com/pro...specstable.htm
randall.jpg
(if it were made by Celestion it would carry the tag wouldn't it? even though it was an OEM item of sorts)

odd thing is that it states RANDALL jaguars...

and
http://www.sweetwater.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5206 (see last post)

anyone have any concrete info on this?

thanks for reading

I make sure the speakers I use ( V30 ) are in any cab I buy. Demand proof! Have the store ( seller ) open the cabs! These OEM things though.... I'm not sure about.

jaguars are made by celestion and I think the randall cabs that have them sound better that the ones with celestions

jaguars are a randall speaker which is made by celestion i think? i've had randall cabs that had these in them(older early ninteis cabs) and i had a late ninties randall cab that had the rocket 50's that said celestion on them. the jaguars sounded much better and i think they are actually sought after by alot of people that play older randall amps. rocket 50's and 70/80's are celestions worst speakers. i have a newer(practillay brand new with all original packaging 2 hours of use) celestion g12 k-100 speaker that would go perfect in that amp for 100 bucks shipped, it would be a HUGE upgrade from whatever they gave you

The jaguar speakers are definitely more bassy sounding than Celestions. I had one bass player player tell me to stay out of his frequency range with my Randall 4 x 12 cab.