• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Hughes & Kettner Triamp II, Boss GT-8 FX

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduersch

Reaction score
Well, it's not Randall or Egnater gear, but it's still big & bad... in addition to being an MTS junkie, I'm also an H&K junkie. Much like I sold off a lot of MTS gear when my band broke up, I'm now selling off my H&K gear, since it's far more than I will ever need for jamming around the house.

hkrig.jpg

Hughes & Kettner Triamp II -- 6 channel amp with 9 preamp tubes and 4 EL34's for 100w, optional MIDI switching module included, switchable series/parallel FX loop, red box DI out, blue neon/plexiglass front, includes 7-button footswitch $2400

Lexicon MPX-G2/R1 -- SOLD

(sorry, but I'm keeping the 2x12's!)

I've been getting all kinds of interesting trade offers, though at this point, I've taken a gig playing bass (gasp), so I'm not personally looking for anything in trade. However, I've been working with a local studio that's trying to build up an amp collection, so I would consider accepting any of the following in full or partial trade for my gear: Fender Deluxe Reverb reissue, Vox AC30CCH head, Egnater TOL50 head, Marshall DSL50 head, Mesa Rectoverb head, Peavey 5150/6505 head, Boss GT-8, Peterson Strobostomp, or Radial Headbone (dual tube amp version).

Located in the Cincinnati area... would prefer to work local deals if possible (esp. on the cabs), but will ship if necessary. Send me an e-mail if you've got questions on any of the gear.

That setup must sound really good. . . sounds great for Alyx Lifeson on their latest DVD!

xspiderfingersx said:
does your RM head fit on those avatar cabs nicely?

I actually used the cabs with my RM4/RT250 rack most of the time, but also put my RM100C (combo) on top of the Avatar's as well. If memory serves me right, the RM100C combo was slightly wider than the Avatar cabs, though not significantly so. Actually, the H&K Triamp head is slightly wider than the cabs, too.

--B

they sound good though right; I hate the way my rm sounds with my marsahll 1960a right now and im looking into getting one of those avatars w/ v-30s

Oh, hell yizzle they sound good... I've used both the Avatar 2x12's (one with V30's, one with G12T75's) with my RM4 setup since I got it, and later expanded the setup with the 4x12's (one with V30's, one with G12H30's). I don't think I'd ever buy cabs from anyone but Avatar... they're just way too good for the $.

--B

i hate hate hate my 1960a so much right now. It makes my rm100 w/ xtc mod sound fizzly and bassy. I want meat!

v-30s it is. I just wish they fit ok with the rm head.

are the cabs as deep as the head at least

Dude! You're SELLING the Triamp, but KEEPING the Zentera? Blasphemy!

If you have clips of that thing sounding good (punchy) in a FULL mix, please send it to me. Not trying to bag on your gear, but my guitarist recorded with a ZenTera exclusively on a project and it was a nithgmare just to ge the thing to be heard in the mix, more less up front.

Recorded another project where the guy had a cheap laney tube amp, and it sounded great! Cut right through.

Oh, I'm actually selling both of 'em... I just already sold the zenTera.

I never had a chance to put the zenTera to use in a real band setting or for any major recording projects. It was definitely the most tubey feeling & sounding of all the modeling amps I've tried over the years (Vox, Fender, Line6, Johnson, Roland). I will admit that most of the out-of-the-box presets were way too gainy and bassy for my taste... I can imagine how the zenTera could take a lot of tweaking to get it to sit right in a mix.

--B

bduersch said:
Oh, I'm actually selling both of 'em... I just already sold the zenTera.

I never had a chance to put the zenTera to use in a real band setting or for any major recording projects. It was definitely the most tubey feeling & sounding of all the modeling amps I've tried over the years (Vox, Fender, Line6, Johnson, Roland). I will admit that most of the out-of-the-box presets were way too gainy and bassy for my taste... I can imagine how the zenTera could take a lot of tweaking to get it to sit right in a mix.

--B

I see, what about the triamp didn't work for you? I demoed one in the store awhile ago and thought it was pretty killer. FANTASTIC cleans!

NuSkoolTone said:
I see, what about the triamp didn't work for you? I demoed one in the store awhile ago and thought it was pretty killer. FANTASTIC cleans!

Actually, the triamp did work for me, just complete overkill for jamming around solo in my basement. I'm returning to the land of smaller amps (though, I'm sure, I'll be back to the land of complete overkill amps in a few months...)

Anyway, lowered a couple of prices...

Hughes & Kettner Triamp II -- $2300 + shipping

Lexicon MPX-G2/R1 -- SOLD

Avatar 4x12 cabs -- $325 each or $600/both (pickup within a couple hours of Cincinnati)

As far as trades go, I'm pretty much set for amps/FX, but I would consider trades for certain PRS guitars (esp. CU22 soapbars, Archtops, pre-95 (alder) CE's, 20th anniversary STD24's).

--B

Update... Lexicon G2/R1 pair and Avatar 4x12's been sold, but there's a new addition to the list:

Boss GT-8 FX -- floor modeling and multi-FX unit... all the classic Boss pedal tones and more, full MIDI implementation, amp switching capability; like new condition including original box and manual $400

--B