Shred/Metal Model

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmike23

Reaction score
I'm looking into an mts combo and wanted to know how to get the best liquidy lead tone for fast runs and arpeggios as well as heavy chunky rhythm sounds.

I know that most people flame the XTC model, but one of my friends ran an XTC with a boost from his super overdrive pedals and we used it exclusively for recording. Can the mts get better than that for shred tones? Should I look into another model or possibly another amp? Thanks guys.

-Mike

maybe the new Mr scary?

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/products/amplifiers/mts/sigmods/images/mrscary_mod.jpg

I've got a Modern module that I'm thinking about selling/trading for an SL+. It gets some really good chunky, palm-muted type sounds and it also works well for lead work (in my opinion). My band has started to head in a more classic rock direction, so the Modern isn't getting any use these days.

So anyway, if you do end up getting the combo give me a shout if you're interested in the Modern.