New guy with a dilema...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st2012

Reaction score
First off, hello to everyone :D

I looking into getting a new amp in the next few months and so far I've been by far the most impressed with the V2. Only problem is I live in a small apartment and rarely ever jam with anyone else, much less play a gig so a half stack amp would be far too big & loud to be feesable for me.

I was hoping for some advice from you guys on a randall combo amp that gives the same glorious overdriven tones that I got from the V2 I played. Would one of the G3 combo's give comparable high-gain tones? I wish I had a dealer nearby but I dont.

Any advice from you guys would be appreciated and again, hello to all and congrats on all your bad-*** amps :(

I would think you are looking at one of the MTS combo's for the quality of one of the XL series but quiet!

Otherwise, I have a mate who tried out a G3 combo and said it sounded pretty gd!

Musician's friend has listed a V2 Combo amp with 1x12. But it doesn't say anything about tubes in the preamp or anything...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX-Series-V2XM-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481734

V2 is loud, but I can play at a combo level, even with a half stack...consider buying 2x12 with the V2 on top?