Module wishlist

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AdamJay said:
ENGL Powerball would indeed be nice.

Orange OR

Man, I absolutely LOVE the sparkly clean that you can get from a Powerball.
I did the clean mod to my JTM and it's almost identical!!
Check that out if you have a JTM, you couldn't ask for it to get any closer to an Engl clean. I a/b'd 'em before I sold my Powerball, which I still regret a little...

I'm +1 on the Engl Powerball gain channel though.

My list would probably be...
Engl Powerball (both mid and high gain channels)
Soldano SLO (high gain channel)
Diezel Herbert
Bogner Ubershall
5150 II

I think that they should really put some more effort into ACCURATELY reproducing a Dual Recto tone since none of the others have been able to come close. It seems that no mod can be done to any of the "Recto/Rectified/Treadplate" modules to really get the sound of a Recto. What is it about that Recto tone that's so hard for companies to duplicate?

Maybe replacing the Bass/Mid/Treble knobs with a 7 band graphic EQ would help immensely... Come to think of it, several of the modules could benefit by having a graphic EQ on the module instead of the standard bass/mid/treble knobs. TAKE NOTE RANDALL!!

Hey Jim,

Have you tried the Egnater "E'rect" dual channel module yet? Even if you can only use the first channel, you should really check it out. I played it on the first channel through an RM50HB head and it sounded WAY to close to a Mesa for comfort! :wink: It was one of the few Eggie modules I held on to when I sold off some of my MTS stuff to fund the Egnater versions! It has that same bass thump as a recto but not quite as buzzy, it's pretty sweet! If you can find one, I would suggest checking it out! :D

Modules I want (some have been listed above I know):

- CAA OD-100SE or Fuchs ODS
- Dumb*e (do they still check boards to remove posts? lol)
- Mesa Nomad/Mark series for lead tones (liquid/Santana)
- Mesa Stiletto Deuce (they sound pretty nice if you EQ them properly!)
- Soldano SLO100

Right on guitarguy510. I'm with you on those!

Wouldn't it be cool to have one thats kinda of a no brainer type module too. I'm thinking Epiphone Valve Jr. It would have maybe a volume and tone, or maybe even a 5-way rotary switch with different little EQ's for Fender Champ, Supro, Gibson. Sort of a tiny amp module. Cool.

Latest posts