2009 Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm willing to bet they're holding out until tomorrow or Sunday. This stuff is really hitting it's stride. I can't imagine they'll wait until Nashville but I won't be disappointed if they do as I'll be there. 8)

any diezel module would be great but most out now can be modded to get a sound of anything new... so i too would like to see an updated version of the rm100 head.... better tranny maybe a tight or bold switch...but like others have said, too much junk in the signal chain and it starts going down hill... dual rec's are a prime example..

lets face it randall in my opinion has always been about gain and heavyness, i'd say engl has got them beat at this point so i'm sure they'll have an answer soon. for metal right now nobody does it better than than engl. :twisted: if i could get close to a savage or invader for say 200 bucks or so **** randall mts best choice i've ever made :D

maximus1 said:
lets face it randall in my opinion has always been about gain and heavyness, i'd say engl has got them beat at this point so i'm sure they'll have an answer soon. for metal right now nobody does it better than than engl. :twisted: if i could get close to a savage or invader for say 200 bucks or so s*&t randall mts best choice i've ever made :D
Well I just sold off a Engl Invader 150 watter....
and it sounded KILLER...BUT.......
Pete's Modded 1086 CRUSHED IT!!
I did the A/B test with both my Drummer and Bass player and they both chose the modded 1086 for HEAVINESS and overall tone .....OVER the ENGL!
The ENGL sounds great...but dont sell the Randall short.
Take it from someone that has been there and done it!
But go with the modded 1086....you wont look BACK!!
Pete Rules on mods!!
just my 2 cents! :wink:

by no means would i sell this thing short, its definetly got mojo for sure, just hoping to get an engl module. :twisted:

id vote for a Framus tone if they were to make one : /

i dont think anyone else makes more brutal amp than them Germans.

Gregg7 said:
id vote for a Framus tone if they were to make one : /

i dont think anyone else makes more brutal amp than them Germans.
Your right there...my last 2 amps were a ENGL INVADER and a Framus Cobra!! Brutal to the bitter end!!

Mailman1971 said:
maximus1 said:
lets face it randall in my opinion has always been about gain and heavyness, i'd say engl has got them beat at this point so i'm sure they'll have an answer soon. for metal right now nobody does it better than than engl. :twisted: if i could get close to a savage or invader for say 200 bucks or so s*&t randall mts best choice i've ever made :D
Well I just sold off a Engl Invader 150 watter....
and it sounded KILLER...BUT.......
Pete's Modded 1086 CRUSHED IT!!
I did the A/B test with both my Drummer and Bass player and they both chose the modded 1086 for HEAVINESS and overall tone .....OVER the ENGL!
The ENGL sounds great...but dont sell the Randall short.
Take it from someone that has been there and done it!
But go with the modded 1086....you wont look BACK!!
Pete Rules on mods!!
just my 2 cents! :wink:

Pipe down!!! You are giving me Pete modded 1086 gas all of the sudden.. :shock: :p :lol:

I would love for Randall to come out with an ENGL module.....I would drive myself crazy all day A/B-ing it with my Fireball.. :oops: :lol:

I just posted in the News and Announcements thread about NAMM. Basically nothing new in the module department there. I was told that one new module is close to release. I don't want to piss Randall off so I won't say what it is. I will say that it is not anything that has been discussed on this thread - not even close.

I was disappointed by what it is - and based on the overwhelming quest for gain on this forum, most of you probably will be too.

a gorilla module would be awesome......then i could get the chimp mod or the orangutan mod for high gain......as long as its not a bandit module...lol