Anyone mod their Mr Scary c3?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKD

Reaction score
Just wondering...I saw it has one of the nice Silver Mica 0.001 jobies...was thinking of trying 0.0022

If you do that, just put another one of the same value in parallel - that way if you don't dig it you can remove it and put the module back to stock easily :)

Couldn't find my 1000pf though...so I just did a quick switcheroonie...not sure which way I like best..I was cranking the bass to 3 o'clock before and it still had that sizzle but not a lot of girth..which I like as a tone.

The module becomes much more like the others with a higher c3....don't really need to go past 1 o'clock on the bass and it's a bit looser...which I think adds to the tone a bit.

Problem is I like both...prime candidate for a bass switch if you get a groovy new faceplate going :D

I guess no-one else is really into this mod on teh Scary....just an update.

Decided I'm going back to the stock 1000pf....the higher value in c3 just didn't have quite the effect I was looking for and the Mr Scary sounds great stock...it's all mids mids mids....but that's not a bad thing :D

I dont have a Mr Scary, But i also feel the .0022 is a little too loose (but big - i like a big low end tone) and the .001 is too thin( but its very tight in the low end - i like that too.) on my high gainers. I have been using .0015uf orange drops on the C3 of all my High gainers and it seems to be the best of both worlds. Big, not loose bottom. And also tight enuff but not thin.