Pete Modded 1086.......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have played a 5150 II and a 5150 side by side with the RM100, and with a stock 1086. Hands down the 5150 can pretty much beat it in gain and dynamics. But I still would take the 1086 boosted over the 5150.

NOW the modded 1086 is a different story. Julia if you listen to my clips in Rigs and Tones you can make up your own mind, but to me there are not to many amps this side of 2000 bucks that can touch the 1086. Actually there arent to many amps over 2000 bucks that touch the superior sound and versatility of the RM series, let alone a Pete modded something or other. I mean I have played his RECTO it shreds more than any Triple rec ive touched, and his Mr. Scary with a few tweaks to it just kills for that Hot Rodded Marshall sound and even into some SLO stuff, and after getting the 1086 modded, i could not imagine ever finding the tone I have in any other amp, just ask Mailman I think hes owned them all and I know he would agree with me here.

TheHunter said:
I have played a 5150 II and a 5150 side by side with the RM100, and with a stock 1086. Hands down the 5150 can pretty much beat it in gain and dynamics. But I still would take the 1086 boosted over the 5150.

NOW the modded 1086 is a different story. Julia if you listen to my clips in Rigs and Tones you can make up your own mind, but to me there are not to many amps this side of 2000 bucks that can touch the 1086. Actually there arent to many amps over 2000 bucks that touch the superior sound and versatility of the RM series, let alone a Pete modded something or other. I mean I have played his RECTO it shreds more than any Triple rec ive touched, and his Mr. Scary with a few tweaks to it just kills for that Hot Rodded Marshall sound and even into some SLO stuff, and after getting the 1086 modded, i could not imagine ever finding the tone I have in any other amp, just ask Mailman I think hes owned them all and I know he would agree with me here.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! Its very hard to beat the tones out of these modded modules. Been there done that with **** near every amp around. I took my modded modules into the local music store and plugged into a RM100 and it SMOKED all the other amps in there. Of course while the stock modules sound good, the modded ones sound GREAT! I wandered away from the MTS for a while 4 different times in the past looking for the BETTER AMP. Yeah...they were more expensive....but better? Not really. Good at the one tone they put out. My RM100 just KILLS and I am SOOOO HAPPY to be back in the fold! If you have doubts.....I say....go buy the other amp. Try it.....get it out of your system. Thats what I did. But once the honeymoon is over and your locked into the one tone....you will BE BACK! :twisted:

julia , i'd stay away from the ultra's since you have a 5150 cause they are about the same, i mean there is a difference but it is so slight and is more in guitars and cabs than anything