archetype,ninja and regualar v2 tone test

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhhead

Reaction score
just to answer a few questions i have come across about the differences between the regular v2,ninja v2 and the archetype v2. my friend owns an online store that deals randall (gearhounds.com) he went to namm and brought home all of the mentioned heads to stock in his show room.he let me try them all out side by side because i was buying one but wanted to hear what the difference between the heads are as far as tone.my sound test results were very interesting.every amp has a very different tone from the next.i used the exact cabs (kirk hammett sig with v30s and v75 cross pattern) and used the exact settings. the ninja v2 tube channel has more presence than the regular v2 and a little bit more gain.the solid state channel is exactly the same as the regular v2 and so is the clean channel.the archetype tube channel has even more gain than the ninja and has a lot more punch,alot more low mids and bass response is much tighter on all channels.its very in your face and its louder at the same volume due to the low mids and bass response. the solid state channel is a lot brighter and tighter sounding than the ninja and regular v2 heads also.i love the v2 heads,but i must say that whatever randall and christian olde wolbers did to the archetype it worked. this amp sounds amazing.any questions? feel free to ask!!!!!!!!

yeah i just got a randall archetype and it sounds great......that was an interesting report and i am glad now i went with the archetype....have you tried any different tubes.......did you notice any excessive hum or noise with the amp.....i sent my head back to randall to be looked at because therewas too much noise regardless of what channel was on.....it was tough to record on the clean channel.....also some of the tapers on the knobs seemed real abrupt......the graphic eq button was getting stuck also when pushed in.....anyway besides that i love the amp and cant wait to get it back.......

there is an online store that ships worldwide,,,,,www.gearhounds.com.. if you want a ninja v2 or the archtype v2. or call the number on the site and ask for joe,,,,,he is the owner.

jhhead said:
there is an online store that ships worldwide,,,,,www.gearhounds.com.. if you want a ninja v2 or the archtype v2. or call the number on the site and ask for joe,,,,,he is the owner.

Thanks loads man. will look it up.