Ned's Rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, I *Think* I have come up with a setup that allows you to use OD/DS sims; wah; etc BEFORE your amp- without a significant risk to tone loss. However, I haven't tested it yet, but I'll give it a try this monday during practice.

Btw, you will need a BOSS LS-2 (line selector) Pedal

Guitar -> LS-2 Input
LS-2 Output-> Amp Input
Pre-amp Out-> GT-8 FX Return

LS-2 Loop A Send -> GT-8 Input

GT-8 FX send -> LS-2 Loop B Return

GT-8 Ouput L/R -> Power Amp L/R

----

Oye, a ton of cables. Basically you set the LS-2 to take the signal from Loop B and mix it with your tone going straight into the amp. Again, I haven't tried it yet, and there may be other issues- but I have a feeling that this may be the best way to use the GT-8 with as little tone suck as possible.

Oh nice Ned I thought that looked familiar! My friend Scott Peterson (from TGP) was one of the first buyers of that baby! I was going to get one but I don't use effects enough to justify spending that much! :wink:

Ned, on that FX routing system are the loops routed together? (ie Guitar Input->Loop1->Loop2->Loop3->....Loop8->Output?

I don't know much about the Musicom switcher I just saw it at TGP and it looks interesting. I'm thinking about getting a Puma Board (www.pumaboards.com) and mounting my GRX4 underneith.

Psssst Ned.... Kevin (aka PumaMan) is a good buddy of mine from the Thorn Forum and TGP as well! If you look on the homepage, my board is the one up on the top right! Pumaboard #11 is mine, I spec'ed her out with Marshall White Levant frame, black Levant S.S. racing stripes and a black Plexiglass top! I put a rubber mesh material on the top to avoid from scratching the plexiglass and it works like velcro to keep them in place (just don't flip it upside down obviously). I mounted a PP2 on the bottom of the board and route the power through a cutout Kevin made for me in the top of the board! :D He does GREAT work, and his shipping job is bombproof! I can't say enough good things about Kevin and his work, terrific guy and a great friend! If you order from him, tell him Matt sent you! :p

gg510 - I'm ned911 on TGP for reference.

Thinking of specing a PB that will fit in my PedalTrain case. Ned to send Kevin an email asking about the GRX4 mounted underneith.

Might have to do Boogie tan with wine stripes.

Latest posts