Cameron Module?????

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or a old PARKER amp module....the little brother of the MARSHALL!!
Maybe a old Crate mod to boot!! :wink:
Retro tone is one thing.....sounding like a box of crap is another!
I hated the Old Peavey amps of the early 80's!! hahaha! :D
They were some of my 1st!!
Transtube started sounding GOOD!

How about a Peavey Banditt Module? C'mon, you know you used to have one. :D I did! And a Backstage chorus!

droptrd said:
How about a Peavey Banditt Module? C'mon, you know you used to have one. :D I did! And a Backstage chorus!
Yes I did have the Peavey Bandit! 1st real amp back in the early 80's!
Ran a DOD American Metal pedal in front of it and thought I was a ROCK STAR!! hahaha
Anyone else want to chime in on their EARLY rigs? :wink:

Mailman1971 said:
Anyone else want to chime in on their EARLY rigs? :wink:

Squier 15 ? I don't recall the vintage tobacco burst Fender clone I had with it tho'..had a bunch of old analog chorus/phase pedals too 'coz I couldn't stand that shitty distortion...long since sold..they sell for more than what I paid new now tho (arion, ibanez etc.)

:p

JKD said:
tonymustang302 said:
O..............M.............G..................... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

God damnit why cant randall do something like that. What do we get...an ultra? WTF, why can't they get something that sick done? We gotta get it from Pete and Salvation.

There are a ton of great modded marshall'ish high gain tones in the MTS series.....so am not sure of your point.

The tone of that CCV is just off the charts but it's the sum of all the parts...I doubt you could make an MTS module sound like that without plugging it into the CCV power section.

Doesn't hurt that Mark is a pretty killer player and that cab has G12H30 anniv. speakers in either.

You're doomed for life tho'....seems like production has been plagued with issues....to date I think about 1 amp per month has come out...and the waiting list is not short.

This is SPOT on IMO. However, if a CCV and CCM module ever DID come to fruition and gave an HONEST representation of the amps I'd be first in line!

Amp was a fuzzy grey thing called a "Quantum" and my guitar was a Honer student scale Tele with a single pickup. I later upgraded my amp to a Peavey Backstage Chorus and then to a Bandit! :D Rockstar! :D

Mailman1971 said:
Remember the TAN Dean Markley amps??? They were like TOP OF THE LINE back in the early 80's!!
I can't think of the names of them but I had one and it was COOL!!!!

jmgman70 said:
Mailman1971 said:
Remember the TAN Dean Markley amps??? They were like TOP OF THE LINE back in the early 80's!!
I can't think of the names of them but I had one and it was COOL!!!!

I couldn't afford the tan Dean Markley- I had a little 15 watt black one that was super portable and pretty loud for its size. I STILL have a Dean Markley Spectra 315 1x15 bass combo that I got in high school around 1983, it's going strong!

The tan Dean Markleys...
I thought they were pretty cool....and still think they are!
I mean...for the size...and the clean is pretty good on those.
I love my MTS...but my rig is big and heavy and takes time to set up...a little DM combo is still pretty cool. And I loved my Marsall Lead 12...and a few big guys did to...bcak in the day.
GtrGeorge

Mailman1971 said:
Me Postal?? Nah.....been thru too much crap being in the military for 13 years that nothing bothers me these days......
But I do hear AMPS calling my name in the middle of the night! :D
Is that Normal?? hahhaha
They say...."Sell everything you own and BUY ME....BUY ME....."
And a few times I caved in.....bought the "Boutique" amps....spent thousands of dollars....only to be right back to Randall.
BEST SHIZNIT on the market!! 8)

I have had an epiphany... Unlike mailman1971 though, ain't no way I'm selling my Randall to venture to the other side. I'm saving my dimes and eating nothing but brown rice:

Electric Amp Company

The sound shop page has tracks with tone for days.

http://www.planetoftheamps.com/electricamp-usa-uk-comparison.html documents the fight that Electric Amp had with Matamp/Orange and uses pictures to document Electric Amp's superior build.

I've never spent $3,000 on an amp before. However, 180 watts outta 4 KT88's is too seductive. Oh yeah, I'm getting mine in green. :D