Eg3/4, SL2, SL questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iconoclysm

Reaction score
I recently bought an Dual Channel M4 from a guy here (thanks!!!) and I've been doing some research on what modules I want. Hopefully someone can help me with these q's on Dual Channel modules:

1. Does the EG3/4 sound similar to a high gain Marshall but even higher gain? Can either channel do anything close to the Ultra/Ultra XL and if not, is there an Egnater module that is along those lines?

2. Can the SL2 sound EXACTLY like an SL? As in, if I had the SL2, would I really need the SL?

I've already decided on the Twin module - can anyone argue why the Deluxe would be a better choice for a clean? Also, the E-Rect goes without question, I need it to replace my current Recto Preamp and it will sound great through my Recto 2:100 power amp I'm sure.

IMO the EG3/4 sounds like a smooooooth santana-esque tone until you crank the gain. Once you're at that point on the EG4 channel it does sound similar to a gainy marshall, although not quite a JCM2000 or anything like that. YMMV of course.... FWIW I have the EG3/4 and like it a lot for the santana-esque lead tone. I still want to buy more dual channel modules though... :shock: