Considering an MTS amp, but have questions...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guiness for Strength

Reaction score
Where are these amps made? I saw someone online said they had American parts but were assembled in China, is that true? Of the 100watt as well as the 50watt?

Also, if anyone has the 50w head, if the "effects" dials in the reverb, what dials in the effects loop?

I can only answer the effects question.

The effects knob dials in the parallel loop which on the 50 watters has the reverb plugged in, which you can remove. The serial loop is 100% wet - use the level on your effects to control the amount of effect in the mix.

Thanks Ned!
Is it easy to unplug the reverb?
Do you own the 50watt head? Doesn't it say MADE IN USA (or any other country?)?

The reverb is trivial to unplug. . it's two cables plugged into the parallel effects loop on the back.

My RM50B combo says "Assembled in Korea" on the back.

I think the modules are completely made in USA (at least some of them.)

+1 on the reverb disconnect. It's just 2 1/4" plugs.

I'll check my head next week at rehearsal.

I just pulled the original boxes for my "blackface" and "recto" modules. Both say "electronics assembled in Korea."

I was under the impression that all the electronics on the MTS stuff is done overseas and then they are QC'ed and then assembled in the U.S.

I think i once read that all Higain modules are made in China and the rest is USA made.

I think the head parts are made in the US and assembled in China.

My Recto (bought in early 2006) has a Made in USA emblem on the bottom. It is the only one of my 4 modules that appears to be American made, though.