Randall vs ENGL vs Krank vs Marshall vs Fender vs Line 6

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machinna

Reaction score
I currently us a Randall RH150G3 head with RS412XL100 cab and am looking to upgrade tho I have a slight problem choosing the right head and i need other peoples opinions comparing the following amps

-Randall V2
-Randall T2
-ENGL Screamer
-ENGL Fireball
-ENGL Thunder
-Krank Rev SST
-Marshall JVM410H
-Fender Metalhead
-Line 6 HD147
-Line 6 Spider Valve HD100

I am looking for something that is tight with a deep and powerfull low end with plenty of gain and features. I am leaning toward the V2 because it is all of the things i listed and seems to sound more powerfull anyway please reply with your advise/comparisons etc.

If you're a big shot and can afford it get an ENGL Invader or special edition dude!

Or try the Randall with the switchable pre-amps!
How fucking cool is that? Make up your own amp!

SteViL666 said:
If you're a big shot and can afford it get an ENGL Invader or special edition dude!

How f&*king cool is that? Make up your own amp!

I would definetly get the MTS one if only it was in my budget :( . Same goes for the Invader. Think I may go for the V2 tho cause in my range I now think its the best. But ive got a while till i can get the cash so lets see what hapens :wink:

Ok, this is a little confusing coz they're all so far apart in price range. So, i'll go through my experiences with each.

-Randall V2 - very dynamic, nice eq, but very ss sounding.
-Randall T2 - great for hard rock / metal, love this amp!
-ENGL Screamer - nice, but kind of fizzy.
-ENGL Fireball - like a 5150 only much nicer.
-ENGL Thunder - the Screamer is nicer.
-Krank Rev SST - never, ever, ever, Krank are garbage.
-Marshall JVM410H - veyr, very dynamic, not very high gain tho.
-Fender Metalhead - stay away !!
-Line 6 HD147 - if you have a time to tweak for hours & hours, horrible live.
-Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 - stay away !!

Just sold off my RM100, loved it, just not for me right now. Out of all those amps, i'd defo say the MTS series or the T2.
F.Y.I, the Lynch Box (mts series) is amazing, I'll defo be picking up another one of those one day !!

buriedorburned said:
Ok, this is a little confusing coz they're all so far apart in price range. So, i'll go through my experiences with each.

-Randall V2 - very dynamic, nice eq, but very ss sounding.
-Randall T2 - great for hard rock / metal, love this amp!
-ENGL Screamer - nice, but kind of fizzy.
-ENGL Fireball - like a 5150 only much nicer.
-ENGL Thunder - the Screamer is nicer.
-Krank Rev SST - never, ever, ever, Krank are garbage.
-Marshall JVM410H - veyr, very dynamic, not very high gain tho.
-Fender Metalhead - stay away !!
-Line 6 HD147 - if you have a time to tweak for hours & hours, horrible live.
-Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 - stay away !!

Just sold off my RM100, loved it, just not for me right now. Out of all those amps, i'd defo say the MTS series or the T2.
F.Y.I, the Lynch Box (mts series) is amazing, I'll defo be picking up another one of those one day !!

Thanks man. Will try and find somewhere to try out the T2 ive been looking at the mts but once ive got the modules its quite far out of my range.

SteViL666 said:

How f&*king cool is that? Make up your own amp!
I sold off my Engl Invader. Bad *** amp but a Pete modded 1086 module for the Randall MTS SMOKES IT!!! 8)