full stack connect question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankteam

Reaction score
hi, i own a full stack T2 with xl cabs but i have some doubts about how to connect the cabs to the head because of the ohms and stereo/mono.
what i have to do to get the right connection?

if you are hooking up 2 cabs you most definitely want them in mono as the T2/V2 don't have stereo outputs.

I imagine the randall cabs (i have a T2 but got a custom cab) are 8ohms which means you literally plug 1 into each speaker output of the head and will result in a 4 ohm load which is absoutely fine, the T2 loves 4ohm loads (before I put my new speakers in I used to have a 4 ohm set of speakers and they sang... not to mention that they were fucking loud!)

actually you could set both cabs to 4 ohms mono, or 16 ohms mono. It would be fine, If you play big shows set them both to 4 and it will be louder I would imagine, and a small show both on 16.

if you set them to 4 ohm each it will be 2/4 equalling a 2 ohm load which is really pushing it on the power section as thats the absolute minimum that the head can manage, I would go with the 16 per cab setup as 2/16 is 8 ohm which will still crank a nice 250ish watts.