Please help, is this normal, T2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
problem fixed,

the squel came from using a daisy chain from my boss tuner for my pedals in front of the head and the loop, apparently you cant do this.

so i now am going to have two separate daisy chain powers.

This has me curiuos....most folks say the T2 has monster gain...anybody else want to weigh in on this? How does the T2 comopare to other high gain amps as far as **BRUTAL** gain?

I've owned two of them. Those amps have way more tight gain and low end than the Mesa Rectifier I had and any of they Marshall's I ever owned or played through. The red channel will give you trouble if you have lower quality pickups though. That was my first thought when you mentioned uncontrollable squealing. I preferred the green channel for rhythm and used the red channel for leads.

I usually had my settings like this:

Gain 3 o'clock
Bass full up
Mid 1 o'clock
Sweep 11 o'clock
Treble noon
Density 2 o'clock
Presence between 0 and noon depending on the room.

I had a gate and wah in front and a bunch of stuff in the loop. Loop levels both around noon. If you have the loop volumes full up it sounds like crap. There is a certain amount of tweeking with loop levels to get a good balance but both T2's that I owned were plug and play brutal right from the start. I only got rid of them to move up to the MTS system, but I still miss those amps.

Greg