Module set up for my new Lynch Box

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just ordered a new Lynch Box and cab yesterday. I wanted to share what I chose for my first 3 modules to get your opinions to see if I made the right decisions. I know there is a "to each his own" factor, but I'm just hoping my decisions were not completely off. The local guitar shop just became a Randall dealer yesterday and I walked in right after the rep signed them up. So, I have never actually heard the modules but felt confident in the gamble of buying this amp. I won't lie - the alligator skin was a big factor in chosing the the Lynch Box over the RM100M. I thought it looked awesome and it wasn't much more money. Anyways, my main guitar is a Peavey HP Special CT (formerly the Wolfgang and I still own a Wolfgang Special which is now my back-up guitar). The HP Special has the same pickups but now with coil taps, trem block option, slight body shape and headstock change, and they changed the radius of the neck.

I chose the SUPER V as my "clean pickup". I read that is has a strong accoustic like sound. I rarely use the clean channel - but I figure when I do I'd like it to sound as much accoustic as possible without having to use a simulator pedal.

I chose the XTC as my 2nd channel. If its based on a Bogner Ecstacy red channel it should also sound very Carvin Legacy/Vai like. I've actually played both and IN MY OPINION are strikingly similar in sound. I know Vai had Reinhold Bogner do work on his amps in his pre-Carvin days and for a while was actually using an Ecstacy. This will probably be my most used channel.

I chose the 1086 as my 3rd channel. Sounds to be the most aggressive/"Metal Zone" like of all the modules. I usually don't get "that mean" but it would be cool to have it if needed.

So, you guys that have used these modules think I'm on track for what I'm looking for or am I way the hell off?

hey-Lobster guy,man,dude!!! LOL! ...i think you have chosen the perfect three modules to cover all your favorite tones & more! job well done,bro! your descriptions of each of the three modules are pretty spot on...enjoy!

With XTC in there it doesn't really matter what the other modules are, I seem to always go to that one anyway :lol:
I have not heard the Super V yet but I think you'll like the modules you ordered for sure.